Recent content by Daily Diesel

1. D

Ceramic Brake Pads

Akebonos- I swear by them and plan on swapping out my pads as soon as I can find them. I've installed over 50 pairs for friends and family and never had any issues.... Ceramics on rotors- Yes, they are harsher on rotors. I usually burn through cheap rotors faster then ceramic pads (akebonos)...
  2. D

purchase decision: 2012 Passat TDI vs. 2008 E320 bluetec

I was in a very similar predicament. I was comparing an 05 E320 (50k miles) to 12 Passat TDI 6MT (0 Miles) price was the same. I have similar MB experience (E300). That said, I bought the Passat for the following reasons. 1) Warrany- MB (1year) vs Passat 3 year bumper to bumber and 5 year 60K...
  3. D

Improving MPGs after 7,500 miles

So over the last 1,000 miles/month or so my average MPGs over my routine commutes have improved by ~4 -6 mpgs. My commute to work 16 miles of suburban driving has improved from 37mpgs to 41-2 mpgs. I suspect it has to do with two variables....1) Engine break-in that is leading to improved...
  4. D

Dreaming of a TDI SEL

Regarding the high 40s, I only get that on days where I spend the majority of my drive on the highway. When driving through traffic commuting to work (15miles) I average 36mpg, suburban lite traffic driving 42mpgs, all highway long distance 47 mpgs. I could probably do better on the highway if I...
  5. D

Debadge

Hmm. Good call. That's not the signal I am trying to send.
  6. D

Debadge

so I decided to pull a few letters.... I ended up with SS on the left and TDI on the right. Not So now the real fun begins: what does SS represent? Stick Shift, Sport Sedan, Super Sport, Super Special,.... and the list goes on. Since there are no other trim options for 6MT, SE means...
  7. D

Need Opinions Passat 6m or Jetta loaded

Disclaimer: Own the Passat 6MT, and put 350 miles on a 2011 Jetta TDI loaner. I chose the Passat over the Jetta because of space and overall drive comfort. I felt more closed in, in the cockpit of the Jetta. Furthermore, the Passat is just a more relaxed driving experience. The Jetta offers a...
  8. D

Aftermarket Fog Lights

The last time I was at my dealership, I noted a billboard with available accessories for the new Passat. One of those accessories was the addition of fog lights. I inquired and they told me that they are currently on back order but will be available for a dealership install. That said, I am sure...
  9. D

first 2012 passat tdi on copart

Wow. I wonder if the vehicle smells like urine....I mean urea.....
  10. D

Passat TDI available !

I would strongly recommend that if you are intrested in owning a new Passat TDI, you start making some phone calls. When I was on the hunt for mine I visited 4 dealers and got 4 different stories. Finally, at the 4th dealership I spoke to the manager, who spoke to their vw rep and located a...
  11. D

Mileage To Date-How Many Months-Major Issues?

Picked up 10/13/11. 2,700 miles nothing major. Was in the shop for a CEL. Was related to the coolant temp gauge wiring system.
  12. D

Which choice to make?

Talk to your dealer about locking in the finance rate. I insisted on it at the time of order and they worked with me.
  13. D

storage bin

Only 4 quarters so far........ I've pulled on it to release the parking brake more than once also (vehicle confusion).
  14. D

2012 Passat Adblue splashing noise

I hear something... I thought is was the fuel, but that makes sense. I only hear it when I am taking turns slowly and the radio is off (usually in parking lots). My recommendation... turn on the radio or make a phone call via the awesome speaker phone. The sound is very suttle in mine...and...
  15. D

Jittery Needle on Temp Gauge

Here is the latest. Temp Gauge (fixed) : They first conducted a "wiggle" test on the wiring harness and confirmed wiring and connections were ok. Then they replaced the temperature sensor, seal, and coolant. Everything is working fine. Fuel Gauge (NOT fixed): Upon diagnosis with VW QTM...