Recent content by Dadskier

1. D

Curt Hitch for sale 2010-2014 JSW $50

New and unused. I bought this for my 2013 JSW TDi. I never got it on and sold the car back to VW. It's taking up space in my garage and I'd just like to have it gone. I live West of Boston off of 495. Pick-up or I can deliver if you are not too far. I do not want to deal with shipping. $50, I...
  2. D

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good bye

6/20 10:30 am is my buyback date. Great car, too much money to pass up. Never had any major issues with it, though it desperately needs new brakes, and tires ... but VW will have to figure that out.
  3. D

GSW/Alltrack 1.8T TSI EA888 - Prospective Buyer Discussion Thread

The manuals won't be out until Q1 of 2017 at the earliest.
  4. D

GSW/Alltrack 1.8T TSI EA888 - Prospective Buyer Discussion Thread

There will be a Sportwagon S available with AWD and stick, just the basics with no leatherette. The Alltrack S will have the Leatherette.
  5. D

Let's see your roof mounted cargo boxes!

With steel wheels and snows I'm getting around 35 highway.
  6. D

Steel Rims 16" and 17" Source Size Pros Cons

I bought a set of 4 16" steelies from VW of North Attleboro MA last year for $200. The shop guy there buys them cheap from the port (I guess a lot of the alloys get put on when they arrive) and resells them. Not sure if he has any in stock or what shipping would cost you (for me it's a 30 min...
  7. D

Warranty Extension for Engine Exhaust Flap

Got my letter yesterday too. I will be mailing in for the reimbursement since I had to replace this around 40k. $400 something bucks will be nice to have back.
  8. D

Emission software letter?

End links probably. I'd have to check the repair order to be sure.
  9. D

Emission software letter?

Got mine done yesterday. I wouldn't say it feels more peppy, but the acceleration is noticeably smoother with few to no hiccups. I also had the sway bar bushings replaced so my overall ride is much better and that may contribute to the feeling.
  10. D

Reliability

2013 MT 52k, I had the O2 sensors replaced under warranty and exhaust flap (not covered on 2013 or later so that was $450). I've bent a couple wheels in winter driving thus needed alignments, but don't pin that on VW. Currently have a rattle from the front, but I think it's just the belly pan...
  11. D

sportwagen MPG

13' 6MT with 50k+ on it now. This winter, which in our area was very cold and snowy, I was averaging 35 mpg. That is running snow tires and a roof box. Things have warmed up somewhat and the snow tires and box are off, so I'm up around 39-40 mpg again. Middle of the summer on a road trip I'll...
  12. D

2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI in Snow

I do take a pretty good hit with mpg. Snow tires, winter Diesel, rack, and roof box, and an extra cold winter, drop me to 35-36 mpg highway compared to 40+ in the summer.
  13. D

2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI in Snow

I'll pile on with the snowtire love. I have 2013 as well. 16" steelies with General Altimax Arctic stud-able (but not) tires. I'm a skier so like to drive up to the mtns when it's snowing. Never gotten stuck (though turning off traction control if you are does help) and only time I have trouble...
  14. D

Exhaust Flap

Whatever they did, didn't work. The fact that there are 3 2013's in this thread with failures is a pretty good indication of that.
  15. D

Exhaust Flap

Talked to VW: 2013 is not covered by the extended warranty. I got the work done because my inspection was up and needed to get it fixed. Still going to send the bill in to VW on appeal and see if it gets anywhere.