Recent content by d2freeman

1. d2freeman

2013 Passat TDI DSG DMF question.

Just did this a few weeks ago. Got everything from Rockauto and the flywheel fit perfect. Here is the flywheel I used. LUK DMF 126, $327 and included the pilot bushing. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4695231&jsn=3 Here is the bolts, $8.48...
  2. d2freeman

2012 passat tdi 02E Dsg removal

To replace the dual mass flywheel.
  3. d2freeman

Yes, I removed the subframe and did it with the car on jacks stands, used the trans jack to lower the subframe to the ground. I had jack stands at all 4 corners so the entire car was off the ground.
  4. d2freeman

Injector hold-down bolt torque

Fuel Injector Tensioning Bracket Bolt - 8nm + 180°
  5. d2freeman

This is the jack I used. I got it on sale for $135. Worked fine, I also used a ratchet strap to secure the trans to the jack. https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/jacks-jack-stands/transmission-jacks/800-lb-low-lift-transmission-jack-60234.html
  6. d2freeman

Need help with cables...

This looks to be the VW part - Ground Cable - Volkswagen (1K0-971-250) but for $60 I think I would try the local auto parts store, it is just a ground cable.
  7. d2freeman

Just did this 2 week-ends ago and removing the subframe made the job not bad at all. I do recommend using a transmission jack as the DSG is big and heavy, I also used a ratchet strap to secure the trans to the jack, Also the trans jack makes dropping the subframe a piece of cake.
  8. d2freeman

2013 oil leak

Getting ready to do the reseal on the cam cradle and have a couple of questions. Did you have to remove the cams or just remove the cradle and leave them in place? And did you have to remove the vacuum pump? Thanks
  9. d2freeman

Charge Cooler stuck on. How hard should I pry or pull?

Did you remove the bolt at top of the cooler, bolt goes in from the side behind the inlet # 3 in picture below.
  10. ChargeAirCooler.JPG

ChargeAirCooler.JPG

Charge Air Cooler
  11. d2freeman

2015 Passat TDI fuse diagram

Maybe this will help. https://fuse-box.info/volkswagen/volkswagen-passat-b7-2011-2015-fuses-and-relay
  12. d2freeman

DMF Failure? How long can I go?

Did my DMF yesterday, car has 350k miles and the last several weeks I have been hearing a clicking noise when in park, put in drive or reverse and the noise went away. So I got everything ordered and waited for a long week-end. Got the DMF from Rockauto for $334 (LUK part DMF-126), and came with...
  13. d2freeman

2013 passat tdi oil filter housing

Might need to check, my ebay housing did not have a filter, the oem one did.
  14. d2freeman

2013 passat tdi oil filter housing

The fans have 1 large connector at the bottom of the fan shroud, just pull back the red tab and press down and it will come apart.
  15. d2freeman

2012 Passat Camshaft and Fuel Pump Torque Question

Component Tightening Specifications Tensioning Roller Nut 20 Nm + an additional 45° (1/8) turn Camshaft Sprocket Bolt 20 Nm + an additional 45° (1/8) turn High-Pressure Pump Toothed Belt Gear Bolt 20 Nm Vibration Damper Bolt 10 Nm + an additional 90° (1/4) turn