Recent content by d2freeman

1. d2freeman

2013 Passat TDI DSG DMF question.

Correct the DMF126 is what I used and it worked perfect, no issues and it has now been close to 40k miles. Comes with the pilot bearing but you will need to order the bolts.
  2. d2freeman

High mileage CR - post it up!

Just rolled over 386k miles this morning
  3. d2freeman

High mileage CR - post it up!

Just did my 380k service last weekend, closer to 381k now.
  4. d2freeman

2014 Passat TDI CKRA Camshaft Seal Help

I bought an entire engine harness for $80 on Ebay when VW wanted $42 for a 1 foot piece of wire.
  5. d2freeman

2014 Passat TDI CKRA Camshaft Seal Help

You do not need any tool for the cam seal, I pulled mine out with a small hooked pick, took less than a minute. Here is the pick set I used , $2 at Harbor Freight. https://www.harborfreight.com/mini-pick-and-hook-set-63697.html
  6. d2freeman

Front clunk - Sway bar Links or Bushings

IDparts says they do not have bushings for an NMS Passat so I say they are for the older Passats not ours.
  7. d2freeman

Front clunk - Sway bar Links or Bushings

I have never been able to find anyone who sells the front sway bar bushings, seems they are not available, even from VW.
  8. d2freeman

Easy Coolant Flush

I switched mine to G12+ right after my heater core clogged, not a single issue since, I use Pentofrost SF.
  9. d2freeman

B7 TDI starts but won't stay running

Exactly, would not be the first time they filled the gas station with the wrong fuel.
  10. d2freeman

B7 TDI starts but won't stay running

Just left from filling up and the car dies, are you sure you filled up with diesel and not gasoline?
  11. d2freeman

NMS Birthday Mileage Roll call

My oil ash load was 99.2g with 300k miles which is 0.00033g / mile and that figure pretty much held true since I first started recording the oil ash load @ 40K. Mine was 33g @ 100k miles and my mileage is 85% highway.
  12. d2freeman

Nope, completely stock, Changed the DPF @ 300k miles not because it was clogged but because I had the time during the lock down to change it. I had bought a complete exhaust from someone who deleted theirs right after they bought it, dpt had 3k miles on it. Still on the original HPFP as well...
  13. d2freeman

365,100 miles, bought new in July 2013.
  14. d2freeman

Alternator replacement

Mine was a Bosch and replace with a Bosch, do not recall any issues getting it back in.
  15. d2freeman

Coolant leak

It is just a cheap plastic part (held on by 4 small fasteners) that is torqued each time the oil filter is changed, I bought the OEM when I did mine ($375) and the $50 version I got off of Amazon looks to be identical. I suspect it will fail again hence why I have a spare.