Recent content by D-Cup

1. D

FS- parts from 2002 Jetta

By chance does it have the center console with cup holders?
  2. D

FS: 2000 Jetta Sedan TDI GLS 5spd Manual - $4000

Price drop: $3500 Took it on a day trip to Corpus a few weekends ago. Car drives great! Hate to sell it but it needs to go.
  3. D

Lift for TDI Sportwagen (for oversize tires)

Wondering if anyone has run BF Goodrich AT-KO2 in size 215/65-16 on their lifted Sportwagen or Jetta? I just finished a camping road trip across TX, NM, & AZ in my “new” 2012 JSW and employed my Panzer Plate a little more than I wanted. So I’m wondering if these would actually fit? I mounted...
  4. D

Swirl flaps

Dieselgeek bracket for fix. There’s a thread on here about it. Code should clear itself within a few drive cycles once installed. Hopefully shipping isn’t an issue. Dieselgeek.com
  5. D

Is my tailpipe unusually clean?

I just rolled over 200k last week, still clean bill of health. I just thought it was funny that the tailpipe was clean when it was “dirty”, and dirty now that it’s “clean”. My new-to-me 2012 JSW has clean pipes though.
  6. D

eGolfs for $10K off MSRP, another $10K off for federal and CA.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but... Doesn’t California have “problem” with blackouts, particularly during the summer months when everyone is running their ACs? If the grid/power supply issues have not been resolved, isn’t this still a concern? And now the state of CA is offering its...
  7. D

Is my tailpipe unusually clean?

That’s how my 2010 looked until 168k miles. Then I had the “fix” done. Tailpipe was black in a few thousand miles - I noticed when I was rotating tires. DPF is apparently in good health as I have no codes. So, who knows? Glad yours is clean, and hope it stays that way.
  8. D

Clunky rear suspension

I would check bushings on the rear lower control arms and the rear trailing arms (I think that’s what they’re called). If the bushing is compressed on one side or if the bolt is not sitting dead center, that might be enough to cause clunking on speed bumps and such. Bushings should appear to be...
  9. D

Lift for TDI Sportwagen (for oversize tires)

Just mounted 225/50-18 on my 2010 Cup Edition. Went with Bridgestone RE980 Sport from Discount Tire. Had a rubbing issue on the rear passenger side - the fuel filler neck eats up some room in the wheel well, so I ordered some 10mm spacers & longer bolts from ECS tuning. I was afraid they would...
  10. D

rear tire wear on inside.

The camber in the rear tires caused a wear pattern on the inside of the tires tread surface. Kind of patterned, right? Like fat diagonal lines? This becomes exaggerated when the back of the car is loaded. I first rotated my tires every 10k when I did my oil change. HUGE wear on the rear that...
  11. D

High mileage CR - post it up!

2010 Cup Edition just rolled over 200k this week. Looking forward to another 200k.
  12. D

WTB: Mk6 JSW PanzerPlate, seat drawers, roof rack, etc.

I’ve been absent for quite a while, sorry about that.home project basically took over my life for a couple of months. Anyhow, I’ll say no, but thank you, to the shades. Only thing I might be interested in for the ‘12jsw is some VW hub covers for steel wheels If you have any of those, let me...
  13. D

FS: 2000 Jetta Sedan TDI GLS 5spd Manual - $4000

UPDATE: 1. mileage now 80mi shy of 241k. 2. Just ran first full tank since head gasket replacement. Avg just over 47mpg (644.0mi/13.679gal)