Recent content by D-Cell_Mekanick

1. D

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

fortunately I gave up Facebook 😉. Too bad now that I could use it for research.
  2. D

Awesome news! I saw you on one of the forums I was searching, but since lost the web page. What forums are useful for these vehicles? Thanks!
  3. D

I’m going to bring this post back from the dead. I’ve had a couple VW TDI’s throughout the years, been out of them for about 6 years now. I’ve been seriously considering another with diesel gate behind us now. I’m also exploring the BMW diesel cars. I really like the xdrive options available...
  4. D

Thinking about BMW diesel, thoughts?

EDIT: I found the section for other diesels. It's been a looong time since I've thought about buying another diesel after diesel gate. But I have found a nice 328 diesel that I am considering. Does anyone have any experience with these diesel cars? Also, any know of a forum that comes remotely...
  5. D

Free liter of Castrol Edge pro LL03 motor oil

I use Mobile 1 in all my other engines.
  6. D

No takers? If not I’m dropping the oil off for recycling to get it gone.
  7. D

Ttt, I work in Joliet, can be picked up near Route 66 Chicagoland Speedway between 7am and 3 pm.
  8. D

Winter tires, whos put them on?

Chicago has only had one or two days of flurries. Calling for some freezing drizzle by morning, probably going to be slick out.
  9. D

It’s officially winter today!
  10. D

Time to put them winter tires back on!
  11. D

I'm out ?

FYI!! Sorry to bring this thread back to the top. Just wanted to let you know my old Passat is still for sale at the dealer. They are now asking $22000 for it. It's a great car if anyone is in the market...
  12. D

Another RNS-510 issue

I was able to rectify the problem by trading the Passat in on a Honda Pilot. It's amazing how much faster the electronics of the Honda's are compared to the VW's. This was the most annoying issue I had with the Passat. You can eliminate the issue by selecting either day or night mode instead of...
  13. D

I'm out ?

It's totally understandable to be scared of repair costs especially if you use the dealership to repair your car. Most dealers, at least from what I've read over the past 6 years, seem to just throw parts at your car at your expense rather than actually troubleshoot the problem past the initial...