Recent content by CujoKody

1. CujoKody

oil temp really low

My experience tells me it could be a bad thermostat that is stuck open. I've had this happen to me on my other cars. It could be worst. The thermostat could be stuck closed, and your car would over heat.
  2. CujoKody

P/d Egr Cooler Recall

Took my car to the dealer today for the exhaust leak after the EGR Cooler was repalced 3 weeks ago. They found the lower pipe on the EGR Cooler was cracked. They were really good to me. Gave my a loaner car for the day. I didn't even ask for it. Now the car runs like it did before the recall...
  3. CujoKody

Lift Pump Replacement

I replaced my pump this morning. 30 minutes from start to clean up. Very simple procedure. The only thing that held me up was trying to figure out how to get the hoses off. Squeezed the bottom and pop, they came right off. Block of wood and hammer makes a good spanner wrench. I will check...
  4. CujoKody

P/d Egr Cooler Recall

I had my recall done 2 weeks ago. I have a loud noise like an exhaust leak or a vibration between 1700 and 2000 RPM's now. I am going to have the dealership check it out. Its has to be the work done by the recall causing the problem. No problems before hand.
  5. CujoKody

Lift Pump Replacement

I looked at mine today. Your right, a block of wood should do the trick. I will be ordering my pump tomorrow. Thanks for your help
  6. CujoKody

Lift Pump Replacement

Thanks, That sounds real easy, except that I don't have that special spanner wrench.
  7. CujoKody

Lift Pump Replacement

I have a 2004 tdi pd. I think my lift pump is about to die. Its making a loud hum noise when I turn the key while the glow plug light is on. Is this an easy replacement project, or should I leave this for the dealership to do?
  8. CujoKody

Clogged Fuel line Problem

I was experiencing problems with excelerating. The engine felt as if it were stuttering. So I decided to check the fuel filter. This is the last time I use this brand of filter. The plastic sheet from inside this filter clogged my fuel line. I was surprised that my car still ran.
  9. Clogged filter

Clogged filter

Meyle Fuel Filter clogged with plastic liner.
  10. Clogged filter

Clogged filter

Filter clogged with plastic that lines the inside. I will never buy this product again.
  11. CujoKody

You need to use Lubro Moly Diesel Purge

I don't know about anybody else. I used those tubes that TDIPARTS.com sent, and the tubes melted from the heat. Has this happend to any one else?
  12. CujoKody

Oil Change - How do you know for sure?

I do my own oil changes too. Dealers charge too much and I don't trust the quality of repair
  13. CujoKody

Which Diesel Purge Procedure?

No, My Jetta is silver. Thanks for the offer for help. I think I can manage by myself. I was just wandering which one to do. One guy does his by having a funnel hang above conected to the T , and the other has two tubes going into the DP container. Relying on the engine to suck it in.
  14. CujoKody

I would like to use Diesel Purge on my 2004 tdi PD BEW. There are two ways shown on this site. Which way would be the correct method for me to do?
  15. CujoKody

UBB17-ML-1071792-ML- Posted in the wrong forum section