Recent content by ctrmass

1. ctrmass

Advice

Not sure where this belongs. Mods, please feel free to move this is needed. I'm looking at a 2012 passat tdi. I know the full history on this vehicle, I'm the original owner, and a family member owned it when VW bought it back. The dealer who bought it from auction wants FULL RETAIL.(n) My...
  2. ctrmass

New Jersey inspection.....what's involved?

Thank you!
  3. ctrmass

I havent had a car inspected in NJ in many years. When you buy a brand new car, the inspection sticker is good for 5 years. (the car I'm looking at is in Pa) Wifes last car was an 08, and we traded it in on a 12, so I'm not due until 2017 if we dont sell/trade it in before then. My vehicle is a...
  4. ctrmass

I'm looking at a 2013 TDI Passat. It's out of state, has an EGR delete a stainless exhaust and high flo cat. Does anyone know if I'll have problems in NJ inspection?
  5. ctrmass

Windshield washer pump issues?

Car is a 12 passat tdi se. Has about 45K miles and pump went tu. I did replace the pump, but it still does not work, so I'm assuming it's an electrical problem. Is there a fuse somewhere I can check before bringing it to VW?:confused:
  6. ctrmass

expensive fuel pump

I wouldnt have mentioned if it werent for a friend who had a failure and was quoted almost 10K for the repair. They had to pull the entire fuel system and the head. I personally havent run my car under 1/4 tank. I'm only on the 4th tank BTW. I just wanted to "gauge" the probabilities and...
  7. ctrmass

expensive fuel pump

Sorry. I didnt know the jury was still out on this one.:o
  8. ctrmass

expensive fuel pump

Thanks. Were on the third tank, we fuel it @ about 1/4 tank. Is this a good practice? BTW, I'm in Ocean county.
  9. ctrmass

expensive fuel pump

I'd like to know if my 2012 has the "uber expensive prone to failure @ about 40K miles" fuel pump or has this been fixed? TIA