Recent content by Crusty

1. C

AHU won't rev above 2400rpm

I’m not an expert on the circuitry, but in the car, the brake light circuit will limit the capability to accelerate until the brake circuit is stopped (lights out). Maybe you have an issue with that signal in your wiring??
  2. C

IP top and bottom seal how-to (?)

I would also like to say thanks to corrado tdi. Got my parts fast, and it was easy to do
  3. C

1998 Jetta P1403 easy question

I might need help with the output test. I used a regular OBD II reader to get/ clear the codes. If I understand you correctly, the N18 would be the one just under the fuel filter, kind of below the intake tube coming from the air filter box. I read the writeup, and once I can find the valve, I...
  4. C

1998 Jetta P1403 easy question

This is an easy question: where is the N18 valve physically located on an MK3 Jetta? I could only find pictures for the newer ones. Back story. I got a ”no power” condition, and figured at 300k the car needed some love. I cleaned the engine bay and put in new fuel and vacuum hoses, and cleaned...
  5. C

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

I don’t post a whole lot-mostly because I’m out just driving the Jetta:D but I pit new fuel lines on the car, and today I put in a new kenwood stereo. While I was at it, I got a new light bulb for the heater control. Not earth shattering, but I want the car to get all fixed up. I drive it about...
  6. C

Does anyone still daily drive an AHU

I daily drive my 98. I had a 2014 sport wagon that VW bought back, and I was glad to get the 98. The fuel efficiency makes driving a pleasure. Instead of worrying or trying to over plan trips, I just drive. I love it!
  7. C

98 Jetta cranks but won’t start

I started by checking voltage at all the connections, and filling them with dielectric grease. Then I put in new hoses and fuel filter. I primed everything by slowly pouring fuel in until it wouldn’t take anymore, and then cranked it. The car fired right up,so I watched it for about 10 minutes...
  8. C

I just got back to working on it today. I replaced the fuel lines and the filter, bled it and it fired up. I am not 100% sure what was wrong, but new fuel supply components seems to have fixed it. Thanks to everybody for helping me out. I appreciate it.
  9. C

I also tested for keyed voltage to the IP harness. It and the injector #3 both were 10.__ volts, so I think we are good for electrical. I just swapped fuel hoses, and am going to get a filter and bleed it all. All the lines are bone dry, and were when I pulled the hoses. It appears to have...
  10. C

Todd, your link has the same symptoms as what I am experiencing. I just ohm’d the Crank sensor and got 833 between whit and yellow and infinity for any other combination. What should the ohms be? I think this could be my problem Edit: I just reread the ohms with it set to 20k instead of sound...
  11. C

Ok,now that I look at the picture, I see it:o Most of what y see is actually oil. I changed the oil cooler sandwich o ring, thinking that was the leak, but I now think it is leaking where it mounts to the block. Would a car that has worked perfectly suddenly go bad over night? To test, I...
  12. C

Thanks everyone for your patience. I tested the stud as my kid turned on the key,and it read just under 12v. Then I cracked the injector line(17mm wrench) and cranked,but got no fuel Also, I don’t see any clear line you guys are referencing.
  13. B5DF53C1-E84F-463C-84C7-B8F970821505

B5DF53C1-E84F-463C-84C7-B8F970821505

14. 173FC25E-14F7-45C8-B00F-7CC5D516410B

173FC25E-14F7-45C8-B00F-7CC5D516410B

15. C

Before I go too far off track, I really think it’s electrical. The car worked flawlessly until one turn of the key. Is the stud in the picture supposed to have 12v with the key on?