Recent content by crustodd

1. C

2011 JSW EXCELLENT COND., GOOD MODS, DEALER MAINTAINED, Oregon.

Much thanks Mike, for posting the photo link😁
  2. C

2011 JSW EXCELLENT COND., GOOD MODS, DEALER MAINTAINED, Oregon.

2011 Volkswagen TDI Sportwagen. 2 Adult owners since new. Meticulously maintained and regular services performed by Authorized Volkswagen Dealer. Purchased from V.W. Gladstone, Oregon as a "Certified Pre-Owned" *KERMA ECU & DSG Tunes. Very punchy excelleration, and quicker, firmer shifts. *All...
  3. C

Intermittent hard start, now no start....NOW 2nd DEAD HPFP!!!

I'm honestly not a Prius hater, 'cause....TOYOTA reliability, 40-50 mpg😐
  4. C

Well, I've pondered that, but when it had the last repair (HPFP, injectors), the dealer dropped the tank and flushed it. I'm seeing a pretty consistant pattern of the hard start correlating to 8-10 gallons being burned off, then it is hard starts, particularly if the engine is cold or has sat...
  5. C

UPDATE I got the car back and didn't even get through the full tank they supplied me with....and it's been intermittently hard starting AGAIN:rolleyes: It'll go back in about 10 days from now when they have a loaner for me, but there does SEEM to be a connection between the fuel getting down...
  6. C

Official list of HPFP Failures

When you say the % of failures WAS too low, how many years ago was that? I noticed the dieselgate issue first came up when many of these cars were still low in their mileage and it was early in the MKVI model and as such they hadn't had the time time rack up mileage as a particular generation...
  7. C

High mileage CR - post it up!

I think so. They weren't particularly interested in communicating about it though. Pretty curt and kinda' rude. The original owner isn't there anymore from what I gathered
  8. C

High mileage CR - post it up!

MmmmHmmm...funny that this'd be in the long chain of experience with my JSW. I had the battery die in the last yr or less. It had been "SLIGHTY" slow to turn over OCCASIONALLY....then one afternoon I was out runnin' a few Lyft rides, it had started multiple times that day no problems, then...
  9. C

Welll...$3,000 later, back on the road. It didn't fully grenade, just the HPFP and the injectors. My local dealer is Lithia VW of Salem. I have to commend the service guys there. They have been pretty fair with me on my visits there and even though the service intervals cost a bit more than...
  10. C

Also the attorney that handled the FTC case against VW in the dieselgate scandal is Jonathan Cohen, 202-326-2551, jcohen@ftc.gov. I consider this a different, ongoing and growing problem that VW needs to take responsibility for. This isn't a "clean diesel" issue, it's a substandard factory...
  11. C

Please contact me about your HPFP failure. I've had my SECOND pump fail at approx. 40-50k AFTER the original pump being replaced under the dieselgate warranty. I think it's time for a class action lawsuit AND and the start of notification with our State's attorney generals and the consumer...
  12. C

This made me realise, my JSW has been towed for repairs more often than ANY car I've owned. It has 162K miles on it and I do ALL the correct maintenance on it and use good addatives. Pretty frustrating/disappointing. I drive it long miles too, fully up to temps for long periods.
  13. C

Hello all, So this has been an ongoing issue for about 4-6 months I think. Occasionally long cranking starts, then back to periods of being "normal". I've changed out 4 fuel filters in the last 6 weeks, thinking it might be contamination in the tank. I checked both intercooler hoses, no...
  14. C

Preferred fuel filter brand???

FCP Euro has the correct MANN filters for $20.50