Recent content by croach13

1. C

DMF Failure? How long can I go?

I used the one linked here: https://www.idparts.com/dsg-flywheel-2009-luk-03l105266dc-dmf126-p-4912.html I also bought a pilot bearing separately. The description mentions it comes with bolts, but mine had the bolts and a new pilot bearing included. So I basically bought a pilot bearing for...
  2. C

THANK YOU, oilhammer for the tips. Started working on pulling the transmission yesterday at 1pm, by 10pm the new DMF and transmission was back in. It was much much easier than I thought it was going to be. Now that I've done it once I could probably have the transmission out in 2 hours. Put...
  3. C

I'm planning on taking lots of pictures, as long as I remember to. I've noticed there are lots of writeups on many procedures, but I haven't found one on a DMF in a newer passat yet. I'll make one if my pictures are adequate :)
  4. C

Hey @oilhammer , going to do my DMF on my 2013 passat TDI with the DSG this coming weekend. Since you've done so many and this is my first, do you have any tips/tricks to offer? Maybe a service procedure floating around somewhere that I haven't found yet? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting...
  5. C

Thanks for all the help! Good community you guys have here
  6. C

Thanks for the reply! Lots of good information there, appreciate it. Searching the Luk number takes me to the thread that pedroYUL posted. Guy in that thread says that Luk p/n is for a DSG with automatic start stop, which mine does not have...other threads say DMF126 (not DMF123 like pedroYUL...
  7. C

Hey everybody, first poster here About a month ago, I bought a 2013 Passat TDI SEL. Used of course, VW buyback car, one owner before me since the buyback, 99k miles. A week after bringing the car home, I started noticing a rattling noise at idle. Looked it up and after watching videos of the...