Recent content by CrispTDI

1. C

Help with finding part for mk4 manual shifter bushing

The bushing connecting the shifter to the linkage disintegrated on me. I'm having a little trouble finding the exact part/number. Ideally locally either through a part store or dealership, but I can order it online if I know what to get.
  2. C

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Any recomended mechanics in the san antonio TX area? the shops listed in the document that are close by are closed down :(
  3. C

Mechanic in san antonio

Does anyone have a trusted tdi mechanic in or around san antonio TX? The trusted mechanic document doesn't have anything listed for this area that is still open. Thanks!
  4. C

FS: TEXAS (S.A.): Drivers(left) CV axle bad inner joint, 2003 jetta 5speed.

I have an drivers side (left) OEM CV axle with a bad inner joint. Noticed clunking noise when driving and saw it had a torn boot. The outer boot and joint are fine but the inner joint will probably need to be replaced. Came out of a 2003 Jetta ALH 5speed with 220,000 miles. asking 20$...
  5. C

jeep wrangler turbo vs tdi

Tell him to stroke the new 4.0 or put in a V8... more foolproof to get power than messing with a turbo IMO. I hope he has a lot of cash to blow through because I can guarantee it wont stop at the engine, it doesn't take much more power beyond stock to need a beefier drive-train that will last.
  6. C

Are my syncro's done?

If you look around on the forum syncromesh seems to worth the hype and has alleviated the 3rd gear grind for others, including myself. Also it is relatively cheap around 8$ a quart at autozone.
  7. C

Are my syncro's done?

Change the fluid to Pennzoil Syncromesh, It helped out with my third gear engagement grind.
  8. C

Yeah you have him if he hasn't re geared his axles. 4.88 would be a good ratio for 37s. I hope he is prepared to put a lot more money into his jeep as he is really putting a stress on his drive-train if it is mostly stock, especially if he off-roads it hard.
  9. C

My bet is on the jeep as the straight 6 has more power, good low end power, and even though its automatic its gearing is pretty good. Also depends on how long the race is as aerodynamics of the jeep will limit it at higher speeds where your car has the advantage. I'm guessing the jeep will beat...
  10. C

When fast shifting gears starts grinding before engage

That's what I had previously in my transmission. Switching to synchromesh (just by itself no mixing) was like night and day.
  11. C

When fast shifting gears starts grinding before engage

Pennzoil syncromesh. Just recently had an issue grinding going into third but after changing trans fluid the issue is gone. Just need two quarts of synchromesh, 17mm hex bit, siphon pump, and a level driveway.
  12. C

Grinding shifting to third

Changed the fluid to pennzoil synchromesh yesterday and it seems to have stopped the grind. Third still seems a little notchy going in at times but oh well. Also adjusted the shift linkage just in case but didn't notice much of a difference. Thanks for the help!
  13. C

Grinding shifting to third

This issue just started today, I am having issues shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, when shifting there is some slight grinding going into gear. It happens when the clutch is fully depressed and when up shifting at about 3000 rpm. If I wait for the rpms to drop and shift slowly I can avoid the...
  14. C

Has anyone who uses additives experienced a loss in MPGs?

well you could stop using the opti-lube for a couple of tanks and see if that changes anything... Otherwise my bet would be lifting changed aerodynamics. Have you changed your driving habits at all? even doing more stop and go driving, or driving faster on the highway? edit: one other thing I...
  15. C

TDI group near San Antonio?

Im in San Antonio, may be interested in a GTG too