Recent content by crisp006

1. C

Later model N75 valve plugged into earlier model N75 connector..? Cause of N75 malfunction/intermittent boost loss?

I haven't checked for any codes, so I'm not sure. Perhaps I was misled by some parts listings I saw here on a Canadian retailer's site, where they had the "early ALH" N75 valve part code listed as 1H0906627A, and yet, the one installed in my car has the part number 1J0906627A. Sometimes the...
  2. C

Later model N75 valve plugged into earlier model N75 connector..? Cause of N75 malfunction/intermittent boost loss?

I have a 2000 Jetta TDI, and need a bit of advice for troubleshooting some issues with it. The original engine was killed when the oil pan broke, and it was replaced with a 2003 year engine (from a Beetle). During the engine swap, some N75 valve nipples broke, and so a shop replaced the N75...
  3. C

strange sound intermittently at engine shutoff

Looking for advice on what this sound could be. Occasionally hear it when I shut down the car. Anyone know?
  4. strange sound

strange sound

5. strange sound

strange sound

6. C

Oil leak from injection pump return line?

Originally opened the hood up to see if I could figure out the source of a leak (mostly clear but slightly green/blue, no odor?), that later just stopped, couldn't find it and haven't been able to pinpoint that since. That's when I noticed this leak from the injection pump return line. A...
  7. tempImagekhdA6f.png

tempImagekhdA6f.png

8. leak

leak

9. C

Best way to store a TDI engine over the long term?

I understand where you guys are coming from. However, I’m going to be moving out of the country in a few short days and simply don’t have the time to deal with doing all that. And seeing how the whole assembly is going to be there, I figure I might as well just spray it down with something to...
  10. C

Best way to store a TDI engine over the long term?

I’ve got my seized alh diesel (the original from my Jetta) sitting in my garage, and I’ve decided to keep it to maybe one day have it rebuilt. My question is, what would be the best way to store it over the long term? I’ve already taped off all the ports (including the hole in the oil pan...)...
  11. C

Over revved and heard a clunk

yes, I was full throttle. I should’ve been clear in the first post. That being said, do you (and I’d appreciate input from others here too) think it’d even be worth it to have the timing checked? as I said I have little in the way of tools so I’d need a mechanic to check these things out...
  12. C

I tried what you suggested but the engine didn’t seem to move much at all. I’ll see if I can get the mounts more closely inspected (I can’t see much of the dog bone mount with the low clearancealong with the timing belt side probably this Monday or Tuesday about the pump - that’s good to know...
  13. C

I checked the engine mounts. None of the bolts seemed loose and the mounts themselves didn’t look broken. This replacement engine is obviously new to me but it does sound pretty loud and sort of metallic at least compared to the old one. I might upload a video to YouTube and share the link...
  14. C

Thank you both for your replies. Indigo I replaced the injectors on the auto engine with the injectors from the original engine (a manual). I'll drive my other vehicle in the meantime and see about checking the timing. If the belt jumped a tooth wouldn't it have immediately killed the engine?
  15. C

So I got my Jetta back the other day from the mechanic, who put the finishing touches on an engine swap. On the way home, I missed a shift two separate times (don’t ask...) and over revved the engine a bit. Both times, the engine revved up to maybe 5000 or 5200 rpm. And both times, I heard a...