Recent content by CrazyMonkey

1. C

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Not today, but last week I loaded up my TDI with 5 mountain bikes and drove to Utah for a mountain bike vacation with some friends.
  2. C

SOLD - Stock Mk7 TDI Sportwagen Springs - Albany, OR - $1

Sorry all, I was traveling a lot for work in May and then got sick and forgot to check messages. PMs have been replied to.
  3. C

SOLD - Stock Mk7 TDI Sportwagen Springs - Albany, OR - $1

I have the stock springs that came off my TDI when I installed H&Rs. I put a price because those are the rules, but really, if you want them you can have them. Come pick them up some weekend or pay for shipping and they're yours.
  4. GSW springs.jpg

GSW springs.jpg

Stock GSW Springs
  5. FS

FS

For Sale Items
  6. C

How do I straighten the steering wheel?

Do you have an actual alignment shop in your town? My dealership was able to straighten mine out after the Phase 2 fix (the subframe must not have bolted back on quite straight), but if they didn't get it right, I was going to go to our local alignment shop.
  7. C

GSW Suspension Upgrades

I didn't measure, but according to H&R, it lowers the car by about 1.5" and that seems about right. I have to be careful pulling up to a curb or a concrete wheel stop in a parking lot. The chin is low enough it will hit most of the wheel stops, so I just make sure I don't pull up far enough to...
  8. C

GSW Suspension Upgrades

I have the H&R Sport springs with the factory dampers. The ride is definitely firmer and body control is much better in corners and braking. I think it's an improvement. It feels more like a GTI, maybe a little stiffer. It's hard to say exactly since it had been a little while since I had driven...
  9. C

Route 66 in May/June

Route 66 will take you through Northern Arizona (Flagstaff being the relatively major city along the route in N. AZ). There are a lot of neat things to see there. My family just spent Spring Break in Northern Arizona. We had an Airbnb in Flagstaff but went to the Grand Canyon (about 1.5 hours...
  10. Sedona

Sedona

11. Sedona

Sedona

12. C

SD card music mystery '15 GSW

Yeah, there are a bunch of storage slots. It's kinda weird. I don't have navigation either, so just the one reader slot.
  13. C

Yeah, I suppose that could make a difference. The SD card I have in my '15 Sportwagen is a Kingston Class 10 30 MB/s card with 16 GB capacity, so it's just over half filled.
  14. C

Pretty sure Beeah meant storage slots for spare SD cards, not the reader slot. If you don't have navigation, then you'll only have one SD reader slot in the glove box. If you have navigation, then there are two SD reader slots in the glove box. Regarding the original topic, that seems odd to...