Recent content by craigpaul2000

1. C

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

DEF tank heater repair Thank you kindly for the awesome write-up. Simple job, 2 hours being extremely cautious. Couple notes: The arrow on the large ring has no meaning. The ring is 100% symmetrical and it will go on as the threads allow. The VERY important thing is to align the insert molded...
  2. C

Anyone have luck trading TDI after EPA announcement?

Why are we talking about dealer trade-in value? Aren't we supposed to drive these things for 300k miles? To me this is like owning a Picasso right after he died. The private-party value of my Passat is higher now than before the DieselGate news broke.
  3. C

UNOFFICIAL Adblue Heater Element Failure Thread

Joining the gang. 2012 Passat P205B Reductant tank temp sensor. 112,000 miles (yeah that's not a typo) On phone with VW customer care now waiting for them to tell me there's nothing they can do. Off phone with VW customer care. Nope, no love for the guy with high mileage. I've shown VW...
  4. C

2012 Passat TDI - Exhaust Flap Extended Warranty

Yup, same situation. 5mm allen head bit and a 1/4" open end wrench. Had to pry the clamps off a bit but they came free easy enough. Yup, valve was sticky. sprayed with some lubricant and cycled it by hand a couple hundred times. cleared the code and good as new now. I think I'll keep the ordered...
  5. C

Exhaust Flap TSB

Thanks so much Mike. Part is ordered and with any luck fixed up this weekend.
  6. C

Exhaust Flap TSB

Hi all. Same problem on my 2012 Passat TDI. 103k miles. Dealer said my VIN was not covered under the extended warranty. Nice. More owners with builds around my date have to complain!! Whatever. If the spray lube doesn't loosen it up I'm ordering the part from IDParts and installing myself...
  7. C

2012 Passat TDI - Exhaust Flap Extended Warranty

I have this same problem Same code: P048C. 2012 Passat TDI SEL 105k miles can someone share the link to the part? And perhaps a youtube video for the DIY repair? Thanks in advance.
  8. C

AdBlue consumption

Ad Blue Just checked my level of AdBlue. The warning light came on at 16k miles. Pretty sure the dealer did NOT top it off at the 10k service. Thanks VW. So I added 1.5 gals and the level reads 77.69%. I think it should have about 2 gallons in there now so it should read 40%. The 77% figure...
  9. C

P2015 - Emission Workshop Code

at a loss for words now OK, the flap feels fine, does not stick and moves back to open position easily. Feels fine. Pulled the connector and checked voltage across 1 and 2 pins. 4.94v. That's fine. No chaffed wires or breaks. The flap still will not shut upon shutdown and is simply stuck in the...
  10. C

P2015 - Emission Workshop Code

Same issue Same issue here. Had this code set 15 times. Replaced many many engine parts recently including a brand new ASV/ egr valve/even the egr cooler. Fault came back in 200 miles. Cleared the code, back in 60 miles. I am going to check the wiring between the motor and the ECM. Is this...
  11. C

Anyone do a ventectomy on a 2012 TDI Passat

Only stopping for fuel once every two weeks but would like to extend that if possible. Can a ventectomy be done on the 2012 passat? If so, any instructions / videos available? Thanks!
  12. C

HELP. EGR Cooler, Camshaft, Turbo Failure 108,000 miles ***

Sir, so any issue with the turbo? I ask because I have a 2006 BRM and the exact same thing happened to me at 205k. The EGR cooler went bad, and I had it replaced long after it should have been. Not sure if this caused a chain reaction with the cam but the cam holed lifter #3 and made a mess of...
  13. C

RNS 510 Nav Unit

I think there should be a dedicated forum for this head unit. My 2 week old Passat decided it does not like to recognize the 32 gb SD card inserted. It is formatted Fat32 and worked up until now. Another card, 16 gb, had the same problem. When "SD Card" is selected, it played the HDD. I...
  14. C

Real World MPG with DSG

niiice 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium with DSG.....First tank of fuel was about 80% highway. I keep it at 70mph. Scored 40.8 mpg fillup to fillup. The MFD said 42mpg so maybe VW is getting more realistic with their MFD readings? Either way, 40.8mpg on the very first tank. Very excited. peace.
  15. C

Chevy 50 MPG Diesel coming in 2013

The diesel Cruze will be released for MY13. Not sure where the information in this article came from but they are targeting 36 mpg hwy. I for one am excited to get more diesels on the road, whether it be VW or Chevy or whatever. It's about time America realizes the future of better fuel economy...