Recent content by craig01b

1. craig01b

Broken Injector Bolt - what to do now?

hi Yuri!! the tdis still moving along! Hope things are well!
  2. craig01b

Sad but true.

Rav is a great choice Brian. Same reason I gave up, the chance of a breakdown on a long trip was daunting. Loving my Subaru.
  3. craig01b

Coolant leak

1996!?? Could be anything..... my 2006 had a rad that let go. Get under and look!!
  4. craig01b

06 BRM Slow Crank..... Good Battery

Yup, fairly easy, and starters do die slowly....
  5. craig01b

Wanted to borrow or buy tool - 3 point engine support bar

And I made mine out of 2x6 with threaded rod and chain. 2 point for clutch, tranny swap worked just fine.
  6. craig01b

Self driving Jetta

On my cars I store....(only 1now). I have a battery quick disconnect on them. Prevents battery drain during storage, and once I had a starter solenoid stick, welded one screwdriver to the post when I disconnected it. Pretty good spark show!
  7. craig01b

Free stuff

Finally picked up... all gone
  8. craig01b

About to pull the trigger on another TDI!

Come a long way from your Jetta....how is the highlander?
  9. craig01b

Free stuff

I have a couple of mk4 manual tranny starters (used) and a brand new water pump....free to a good home.
  10. craig01b

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas everyone! The Subaru was in its element this morning!
  11. craig01b

Alh 5th gear problem

I remember, I have an old scissor jack that works beautifully for that. Jaca, if you are up against the wall for this, my garage is available...but, a week or two at most. My new Subaru doesn’t deserve to sit outside that much!
  12. craig01b

General altimax

No link, I am not terribly interested n selling the car, too much of a pain in the ass....trade it, and be done. I listed it in the for sale section, already got someone asking for pictures and a biography of mtce of the car. SOLD! End of a vw era....23 years!
  13. craig01b

General altimax

Thank Nigel, found one in Vaughn. I figured I would ask the question. You never know what people have hanging around the garage. Finally going to get rid of the diesel. A nice new Subaru Legacy with all the bells and whistles. I should list the old girl in the for sale section...
  14. craig01b

General altimax

Looking for a single 196 65r15 winter tire....put them on the car yesterday, all good pressure still ok after all summer sit....and blew and destroyed one of the tires this morning. Anybody have one hanging around they would like to part with? I know a long shot....but why not ask!
  15. craig01b

General altimax

Looking for a single 196 65r15 winter tire....put them on the car yesterday, all good pressure still ok after all summer sit....and blew and destroyed one of the tires this morning. Anybody have one hanging around they would like to part with? I know a long shot....but why not ask!