Recent content by cpinde

1. C

MK7 Golf TDI low end power gone and black smoke after thermostat housing change

Uploaded the log. I think I might see the problem but don't want to put the idea in your head. So what do you see? https://log.tunezilla.com/s/gHiau3dy
  2. C

I didn’t know you could do that with the logs!! That’s great to know. I did the turbo adaption a while ago when I did the turbo. It’s run great until changing the thermostat housing. I’ll run it again anyway as it won’t hurt anything. I’ll pull the log like you have also and post it.
  3. C

I haven’t tested to see if the actuator is holding vacuum. I did test with a stethoscope and carb cleaner to see if there was a vacuum leak. Here’s a log that shows boost. It’s time| RPM| Boost
  4. IMG_2388.jpeg

IMG_2388.jpeg

Boost log no low end power
  5. C

It’s not the throttle valve. It’s opening and closing properly. It opens all the way to 83% when you start the car and closes to 15% when you turn the car off. i reflashed the car to see if that would help, didn’t expect it would, and it didn’t.
  6. C

Took everything back apart and didn’t find anything. Logs show the turbo is 14psi-44psi, without taking atmospheric pressure in to account, so really 0-30psi. Goes up linearly as rpm’s go up. Now I did find something that messing my brain up. My throttle valve position is 83% from 780 rpm to...
  7. C

2015 PASSAT TDI SEL PREMIUM EGR VALVE

I just did the thermostat in my MK7 Golf TDI. Get your self a 2' long thin flat head screw driver to push the tab in while doing it. Also just go ahead and order the whole thermostat hosing with new "pipe" because you will more then likely break the housing. It's a pain in the butt. Also get...
  8. C

Replaced timing belt on 2015 CVCA, won’t start, thinking it’s fuel

Watch your dpf pressure sensors. They have a tendency to melt after a TB change.
  9. C

I had to change my thermostat housing and in doing so had my car apart for about a week with the battery out. I had to take out the throttle valve also. Put it all back together and now there's a ton of black smoke and no power below 1900ish RPM, literally feels like a big turbo car. Car ran...
  10. C

CRUA Thermostat and Thermostat housing change

So my thermostat has been stuck and I decided to change it now. What a pain in the.... So here are some things I found out the hard way. First when doing ANYTHING that requires you working near the radiator fan, just take it out. It'll give you almost twice the amount of room. Second use the...
  11. C

MK7 - DS Aluminum Charge Pipe Kit

I just put mine on but I have a boost leak somewhere I can’t figure out which gasket is supposed to be used on each side.
  12. C

MK7 Golf Build

Car is deleted. Putting an Xman 1456 on it. I need to download the erWin manual for it but didn’t think I’d need it for the turbo swap, as I’ve done turbo swaps on vehicles before with no issues. When you took off your turbohow did you get to the lower driver side nuts?
  13. C

MK7 Golf Build

@adjat84th want to come up to the beach in Delaware and help me change out my turbo? :) Between the ridiculous heat and not being able to find any tips/tricks I've been taking much longer then I want to do this swap.
  14. C

CRUA Turbo upgrade

Coolant should be easy to tie into. The EGR cooler lines would be one place as those are tied together now. The swap should be easy and except for the coolant lines no need for instructions. I don't know how you're making heat. When it's below 35 degrees the cooling system is so efficient that...