Recent content by cowgirlkaboom

1. C

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

So, for some reason my password and recovery security questions didn't work. Must have been some minor typo. I called the support line and was told to make an account. I finally had time today to make an new account and received a new tentative buyback date that was 1.5 months later! Grrr...
  2. C

New TDI Owner

I'd say your doing pretty good. I generally get that 400-500, while I can go slow and get great MPG it almost seems to matter more how long the engine has been run for that day. By the end of 7-8hr day I often see it flirting with 5-mpg and speed not having a big impact. Some of my worst tanks...
  3. C

Korean Sportwagen?

Do not want. I bought a Kia Rio for my ex. When it came time to replace the rear brakes I was quoted $1200by the dealer and this didn't even require new calipers. I looked into getting it done at the various generic muffler shops and they said they couldn't do it due to some special tool being...
  4. C

New tires

Has anyone noticed reduced road noise with any brand of tires? I had stock 17" Contis on it when I purchased it and currently have 15" Contis off a friends golf in hopes it would reduce road noise some. I'm thinking about using my dealer card to get a nice set of summer tires on the 17".
  5. C

Survey on Dieselgate and TDIClub

Glad to help out, can't wait to see the results.
  6. C

Curious if anyone has gotten a speeding ticket in their VW

In my MK6 Golf in blue, zero tickets in the last year / 38k miles I've owned it. Waze helps as does knowing the route and not being an idiot. I know where they can/do hide on my routes. It was hard to retrain my lead foot coming back from visiting states with 80mph speed limits. MK2 Jetta...
  7. C

Cheapest delete route?

Yes it might be a little louder but it won't be bad at all with that stock muffler. Yes it will smell like a diesel, yes it may smoke a little at start and under full throttle. Don't forget to do your malone DPF delete upgrade at the same time you do the physical delete or else things could get...
  8. C

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Really? Maybe not in urban areas, but I don't see how this will work for people who live in rural areas or 18 wheelers. Maybe if I can get a reactor powered pickup - which I'm not entirely opposed to. I think people in urban areas often forget where their food/meat/animal products come from. Not...
  9. C

Intermittent erratic idle - No fault codes

Mine has been doing this since I purchased it used for 35k miles now at 55k miles. The dealer can't find anything wrong and it doesn't seem to have to do anything with it being cold or not. I'm guessing as you are that it is doing a regen.
  10. C

New to me 2012 Golf TDI

Congrats on the new car! I really enjoyed the reasonable speed limits in Utah during a recent trip to New Mexico a month ago. Utah seems like a underrated place. For that interior funky smell, get a new cabin air filter (activated charcoal kind) and I swear by ozium for getting rid of bad...
  11. C

Oil again - sorry

http://www.idparts.com/castrol-professional-ll03-5w30-50700-p-1134.html Looks like your GTG.
  12. C

States, provinces, and countries I've been to... show off your traveling scoreboard!

Funny part is that I still have no idea which one I liked best, but I can definitely give you a list of which ones I'd never go back to! All of these have been visited via car, with the obvious exception being Hawaii. Up next will be Kansas and Oklahoma, though I might just fly there and rent a car.
  13. C

OBD2 Scan Tool

I think what your probably seeking is this: http://www.ross-tech.com/index.html ODB2 conventional tools only yield so much functionality. There are lists here and on the vwvortex of people who have them and sometimes will help you out for a six pack.
  14. C

List of Dealer Parts to order with Goodwill Card

I'll probably be pricing out some tiguan springs or similar. Failing that I might stockpile oil, as filters and such are much cheaper at german auto parts online. No hazmat shipping fees!
  15. C

What is the worst MPG you have experienced?

I'd love to hear some stories about experiences with city driving, high speed driving and what your all time worst tank was. My record is 30mpg on a full tank. 50/50 mix of small town / rural highway driving, no AC, some heated seat use. Normally I average 39.