Recent content by Courageous

1. C

Parking sensor removal

Hi guys, sorry if this has been done to death but I can't find help in the search engine. I have identified a rear parking sensor on my Mk5 which doesn't click and the park sensor warning is on continually when selecting reverse. I've tried the WD-40 trick and it hasn't helped. Does anyone have...
  2. C

2010 Jetta - Driver Side wheel speed sensor issues

Excellent news! Well done all here.
  3. C

2010 Jetta - Driver Side wheel speed sensor issues

As Olihammer says, the "ring" is actually a turned running face on the hub itself. Swap it out
  4. C

Definitive advice on adding Fogs

Brilliant, thanks Remulmalamanantan. I think that's the route I will take now - going original turned out to be a pain in the arse! I may change their switch to one of these and try to mount it into one of the blanks in the panel ahead of the gearstick. Really appreciate your help...
  5. C

@relumalutan I just checked out those links and they are both the same - could you please give me the link to the wiring so I can take a look please? Thinking IF I can get a switch to fit into the panel ahead of the gearstick (by the esp one) I may switch it from there. Thanks.
  6. C

By the way I managed to buy the lights and panels and "some" wiring for less than $30 here in the UK! Bargain.
  7. C

Thanks Relumalutan (I won't ask.....) I'd far rather have the vehicle closer to original though but do appreciate your help. Did all that "extra switches" thing back in the seventies when we had no option.
  8. C

Ok update - I have managed to find original parts - front panels, fogs and some wiring all original from a donor vehicle. Can anyone give me any advice as to the following: 1) Do I just replace the small eyebrow panels for mounting or need a bracket/bumper too? 2) Where would I link up to the...
  9. C

VW TDI 98-2004 owners in UK being failed by Gov MOT legislation

Well done and thank you!
  10. C

WTB front fog kit for Mk5 Golf UK

Looking for parts to retrofit front fogs to Golf preferably shipped to UK.
  11. C

Hi again guys, I would like to fit front fogs or driving lamps to my basic Mk 5 1.9tdi golf and was wondering if anyone had the definitive solution. Will the wiring be in place on my basic 06 car (UK spec) and if so will I run into any canbus issues? I have seen a non original kit on ebay but...
  12. C

MK6 6 speed and other parts swap options?

Hey Alex, thanks for the reply. I only seem to be having the issue with 3rd gear and have no problem finding it, just grinding unless I wait for the RPM to drop and then it engages OK. So it's a clear synchro issue as it appears to me. My Mech also has a golf and he says his does the same, it's...
  13. C

MK6 6 speed and other parts swap options?

Hmm..... excuse my ignorance but I have a Mk5 with the dreaded 3rd gear synchro issues. Does the SMF reduce the problem?
  14. C

ABS issues

Sorry if I'm patronising but does the reluctor ring always come with a new bearing?
  15. C

Bonnet hinges sticking?

Hi guys, pleasure to meet you all (virtually). Just picked up my new (to me) Mark 5 Golf with the BKC engine (fortunately). She has issues which I believe were factored into the price and I may well be back with those at a later date. Suffice to say they centre around ESP/ABS/Steering. Anyway...