Recent content by Cosmo's UNA

1. Cosmo's UNA

Stuck in fifth, at a certain situation.

Wow! Changing out a transmission seems more cost effective than replacing 5th (but not easier). Any source for a 5th gear cheaper than the 3-4 hundred dollar range? I've rebuilt 3 different types of manual transmissions and there are wonderful YouTube posts, so I can't foresee a problem.
  2. Cosmo's UNA

Stuck in fifth, at a certain situation.

I have a curious situation where my shifter will lock in fifth gear if I should brake to a stop without downshifting from fifth. I know you want to ask why I'm not downshifting, I do when it is required, but sometimes, like coming off the interstate to an exit that is uphill, I don't. The hill...
  3. Cosmo's UNA

Considering buying a 03 with issues to rebuild; looking for opinions

I purchased my '03 Jetta Wagon with 353k miles. My friend who has 4 of these drove the test ride and he had to down shift to make a small hill, the car was gutless. He encouraged me to buy the car and gave me a laundry list of things to do including an EGR delete, (nearly completely occluded...
  4. Cosmo's UNA

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Pulled the plug on the A/C Pressure Switch/Thrust Sensor and gave both sides a little dab will do ya of Dielectric Grease. I also gave the 3 receivers side of the plug a little push together for better contact. I was getting an intermittent signal. I actually could manipulate the signal to the...
  5. Cosmo's UNA

Cleaned out my snow screen!!! Absolutely plugged! I actually didn't know it existed until I read about it HERE ON THIS SITE while researching another topic! Thanks to all!😃
  6. Cosmo's UNA

This actually happened to my wife and I. In a way I haven't gotten over it. I've read somewhere that "Before the written word was the spoken word and that was your bond." We actually had a verbal agreement and then he sold the car to another. I did lose faith in my fellow man, but it was just...
  7. Cosmo's UNA

At first highway speed now low speed Intermittent Stutter...

When I decided the Tune Up was the thing to do I 'caught a train' of cars that were going 80-85. The traffic was light and I occasionally hit 90+ and everything about the car seemed better. I really thought it was a joke but now I realize that y'all are dead serious and it's necessary. Thanks...
  8. Cosmo's UNA

At first highway speed now low speed Intermittent Stutter...

Performed the (with all due respect) 'Italian tune-up' which was really exciting. I usually drive like I am entered in the 'Mobil Economy Run"... rock hard bald tires, coasting whenever possible, egg under go pedal, etc. The tune up initially seemed to help and the symptoms just happened to...
  9. Cosmo's UNA

RCN210 Install

Great looking and athletically functional. Deal breaker for me is absence of steering wheel control.
  10. Cosmo's UNA

Poll: How do you pronounce the "MK" in "Mk4"?

You say 'potato' I say 'potato' let's call the whole thing off. I answered em-kay 4, but hope to use mark 4 in the future for brevity, ease of use and universal understanding.
  11. Cosmo's UNA

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

It's a money back app that I have been using for about 5 months and it's easy. Read the reviews, do a search, then make a decision. I'm a happy user.
  12. Cosmo's UNA

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

3.94 BP in Charlottesville, I use Upside.
  13. Cosmo's UNA

In the middle of ALH timing belt questions....

We've ALL been there brother.
  14. Cosmo's UNA

In the middle of ALH timing belt questions....

Late to the party but here goes...You didn't tighten the bolt before you set the tension, did you? Set tension then tighten the bolt.
  15. Cosmo's UNA

Just bought TDI #6

Is that roof rack (really nice I might add) going to cost your son 4 mpg?!