Recent content by cornfed

1. C

06 problems breed problems?

06 with 175k miles. Last summer lost blower motor and parked it. Got it out this week and After removing the motor found the seat heat fuse was blown. Replaced it and it worked! Went and bought a new battery and thought I was lucky. Then fuse blew again. Replaced it again and the the airbag...
  2. C

Intermittent low power

06 dsg 160000 mi I bought new all stock. When accelerating especially for first time after startup it will have low power, makes a rattle like a gasser “spark knock” and won’t shift. If I let completely off and on accelerator quickly it will take off with plenty of power and shift normal. I...
  3. C

Brake pedal soft but rattle fixed

No, since I never loosened the line or even the caliper for that matter, how would it get air in it? Fluid level is good.
  4. C

Brake pedal soft but rattle fixed

Have had a rattle for years in the front finally realized the caliper spring that clips on the outside of the caliper was missing. So I replaced it today, never took the caliper loose just snapped the spring on and put the wheel on. Fixed the rattle but now the pedal goes almost to floor on...
  5. C

How often do you change your wiper blades?

My 06 Jetta has 134000 mi and the original blades. The passenger side just started to streak. Does anyone know what blades were used from factory? Would like to replace with exact same blade.
  6. C

APRIL 2008 Mileage Competition

Driver: cornfed Miles: 779.2 Gallons: 14.693 Model Year: 2006 Model: jetta Tranny: dsg Fuel Type: ulsd+ps MPG: 53.032 MFD avg speed 55 mph 14hr 17min 61.0 mpg road trip from indiana to florida on one tank. cruise set on 64 no a/c no drafting. tires inflated to 50psi, elf 505.01, 18,000...