Recent content by copilot

1. C

2012 SEL with CarPlay?

Adapters/control boxes required for controls and such, I had the Sony XAV-AX100 in my 2012 Jetta and was happy with it. Moved that radio from car to car until upgrading about a month ago to JVC KW-M845BW for wireless android auto and putting the AX100 in my mk4. Both radios are nice, the AX100...
  2. C

What did you do to your TDI today, during the coronavirus shelter-at-home?

It's too early to have done anything today, but since the pandemic began my MK4 has been back on the road as a commuter. Over the past few weeks: MAF, N75, Turbo actuator, rims and tires, instrument cluster, new radio w/AA. New suspension is inbound from idparts and I have to locate and address...
  3. C

Flashing Glow Plug Light and Limp home

Code cleared, boost/power back to normal. GPL no longer flashing.
  4. C

WTB: fuel filter head for spin-on filter

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=352652&highlight=1R-0750 - Found it. Dietzl mod.
  5. C

Also this: https://www.amazon.com/NAPA-4770-24770-Filter-Mounting/dp/B016DU1FMM I'm sure someone will be along shortly to school us on the topic. =D
  6. C

I am trying and failing to dig back through the search function to find it, but in another thread this thing was suggested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/182671971799? It arrived a few days ago and I haven't even started compiling what I need to do to get it installed but if I remember correctly it's...
  7. C

Flashing Glow Plug Light and Limp home

Photo of the broken wire on my car, thank you for sharing in this thread. I ordered an actuator when google failed me, turns out forum search was the way to go.
  8. C

Hit a retread on the tollway yesterday.

Got a quote for the GLI parts, it's looking to be about 1400 in parts. Guess I'll get paint quotes if I can when I get them to estimate the repair bill.
  9. C

I had intended to buy it anyway, was just being lazy. The plate on my mk4 has saved me multiple times.
  10. C

Plastic skidplate fell down last night, had to cut it off with a pocket knife since I was in a parking lot with no tools. Panzer plate arrived today. Still haven't had estimates done. How do people work and deal with this at the same time?!
  11. C

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, a friend of a friend works at one of the local dealerships so I think I'll take it in there for an estimate. I'll also take it to a few places around work for the estimate. I also have to price the part list above so I know how it compares to the general...
  12. C

jmarshall: more than 2k!? The official estimate from insurance was just a touch over 1500. It seemed low but now it seems even worse. I wonder what the other estimates will come in at. Regarding the panzer plate, it's been ordered. My mk4 has quite the love affair going with dieselgeek parts. I...
  13. C

That build looks amazing. Guess I'll see what the estimate is. I found another thread on the vortex with a part number listing and a range of 1400-1700 in part costs. 5C6 807 217 E - front bumper GLI 5C6 807 241 A - covering cap GLI -> 9,65€ 5C6 807 723 - strut left GLI 5C6 807 724 - strut...
  14. C

Cracked the bumper, blew the vents off, skid plate dropped and folded in half and dragged just about every other piece of plastic trim with it. Car is waiting on an estimate appointment for monday. Guess I can stop putting off my dieselgeek order. Anyone seen a GLI bumper upgrade yet? Maybe...
  15. C

Anyone had the horn fuse blow yet?

My horn also stopped working. Guess it's only good for a month and a half. Hopefully the replacement will last a little longer.