Recent content by coot

1. C

Engine shudder while breaking

Turning the IO down increases fuel..it will smoke more..! This was the best overview from one of our guru's if you want to read it regarding diesels and adaptation.. "you need to re-think your approach of mixture in a diesel engine. A diesel engine always runs with an excess of oxygen, and...
  2. C

Van Aaken SmartBox

Thanks Bluesmoker... As they say, ain't what ya know, but .. who ya know..!! I'm an 8 pin.. Great picture reference..!!!
  3. C

Van Aaken SmartBox

Thanks Bluesmoker... the pump has 3, so...??? (Hmmmm... though that's from memory, which is not very dependable these days..HA..!) And I'm not sure what that means, as I don't know what determines the number. Seems your pic has two ends.. Should I assume that one hooks to the MAF Sensor...
  4. C

Van Aaken SmartBox

I have a 97 A3.. Seems there is a cross-over through 98 and from 98...?? Both reference a 1.9 TDI, but... Seems there is an 8pin and a 10 pin. Bluesmoker... do you recall what you needed in your 98..?? Thanks..!!
  5. C

Happy-Happy Starter

Thanks Herm.. I found this on a search as I've owned my 97 A-3 through warm months only... never a starting issue. Just didn't realize mine was always slow... Then the cold came and... It would barely turn over. I ordered and installed the brushes... cleaned the commutator. Oh...
  6. DSC000291

DSC000291

7. C

A3 power. running out of patience

Any CEL scenario...? Codes..? My 97' Jetta A-3 had the "limp mode" blues, but I was throwing a 65535 code with the VAG-COM... I did all the hoses.. chased it with a new N-75 valve...etc. And the highly recommended hose replacement in the ECU.. Finally just followed the VAG-COM...
  8. C

Vag-com 00750....??

Interesting, but... glad it's stayed off...!! One thing of note... in my, I haven't a clue dept.. Is in Basic Tests on the VAG.. my original ECU would test the glow pug solenoid (the auxillary heater in the coolant system) It's mounted on the firewall next to the coolant bulb. In going...
  9. C

Vag-com 00750....??

Yep... I'm a newbie and am not clear on chipping, but... just coding the workshop # and letting the ECU establish itself (with the 0001#) gave me the code...! (00750) Haven't had it since changing the soft code up to 00002. Hope it works for ya...! bruce
  10. C

Vag-com 00750....??

Hey guys... I resolved my issue, so... Uwe Ross told me to recheck my coding.. Sure enough (for alphaseinor) My soft code before the swap was 00002 with the workshop # of 00066 like yours. The JB coded 00001.. I changed it to 00002... no more CEL, no more 00750 (Warning Lamp) As to...
  11. C

Vag-com 00750....??

Thanks... Exactly what I plan on doing... Uwe Ross was very helpfull in sharing that the ECU perhaps isn't coded (correctly), but... The new ECU definately has improved it's operation..... and, NO limp mode (and accompanying DTC's..!) Thus as you said... I think I'll run it awhile...
  12. C

Vag-com 00750....??

Yep... They both light up with the ignition key... The glow plug light goes off (normal), and so does the CEL after starting (normal), but within a short time, returns...? The code isn't in anything, from the manuals..to the Ross Tech guide, so... Cluesless at this point. I've owned it...
  13. C

Vag-com 00750....??

I just swapped out my ECU in a 97" Jetta (A-3). An ED to a JB.. Was pretty much plug and play, but... The VAG-COM gives me a 00750 Warning Lamp.. 27-00 Implausible signal. It's not in the Ross Tech Wiki list, so... Anybody seen or delt with it before....?? Thought I finally got rid of...
  14. C

Looking to buy 97' A-3 ECU also

Thanks.... I appreciate it, but am sitting tight on two from 98' Jetta's out there that have come through my PM... Thanks again....
  15. C

Looking to buy 97' A-3 ECU also

Yep... That one sold quick, but.. Thanks for keep'n an eye out..!!