Recent content by Concat

1. C

Spectra Xtreme CJ-4 5w40 in a PD

Hello all, A friend gave me 4 gallons of this stuff from Certified Labs. I'm by no means an expert in this area, but I have seen a few threads about CJ-4 in PDs and there seems to be a consensus that it is at least as good if not better than 505.01. Does anyone care to weigh in with their...
  2. C

Skid plate bolt spinning - How should I remove rivnut?

Hello, Skid plate bolt was spinning with the rivnut so my mechanic had to cut the bolt. Went under the car to take a look at what I'm up against. I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. It doesn't look like a normal rivnut? Is the large circle some kind of spacer? and the inner circle is...
  3. C

Edmonton - Timing Belt replacement

Just a follow-up. The fellas at Autobahn Performance did the TB change for 1100. They seem like great guys and knew a lot about TDIs. They also changed my rear coil springs for about 275. Good experience if any other Edmontonians stumble on this thread.
  4. C

It was Eurasia Automotive. I have other quotes coming in from different shops now. The best so far is Autobahn Performance @ 1100.
  5. C

Do I need to retune after Timing Belt Change?

This might be a really dumb question. I have a tune from Kerma and a VNT 17 turbo, and I need a timing belt change. Will I need a retune after the TB change? Anything else to consider?
  6. C

Oh for sure it is... lol I don't think we have a guru in Edmonton. There are a few VW shops though. Curious who people use for their VWs.
  7. C

Hello everyone! I need to replace my timing belt and I'm wondering if people have recommendations. I just received a quote from one shop that was over $2100! $875 for parts alone...
  8. C

5 Sp Manual - Cant get into Reverse

Ok Im an idiot. I recently changed the starter motor and the wire that carries to signal to the starter solenoid was in the way and blocking it from going into reverse. 😂
  9. C

5 Sp Manual - Cant get into Reverse

Hello all, A recent issue came up today. When I push down on the stick and then up into reverse, it is going into 1st gear. I adjusted the cables following DeiselGeek's video but it didn't help. What is actually happening when I push down on the stick anyway? The cables just adjust left/right...
  10. C

Starter motor not engaging ring gear

New starter installed and she started up like a champ. Thanks all.
  11. C

The folks at Westside Automotive helped me out 👍
  12. C

Appreciate the offer, but after enough phone calls I found a shop with a Bosch. Thanks
  13. C

Yep, you are correct. Its the bushing. Well, looks like Im in the market for another starter. The one I took out is a Remy reman. I can get those locally for 200 CAD. Cant find a bosch without shipping and returning the core :/
  14. C

Appreciate all your advice. I took the starter out and did a visual inspection. Teeth look good on the flywheel and starter. If you wouldn't mind looking at the photos... Im a little perplexed by what Im seeing in the 3rd pictire. Thanks again