Recent content by compostbrain

1. C

Auto tranny oil change

I have a 2001 tdi jetta automatic that I just replace the tranny oil and filter and also added some anti-shudder stuff. Unfortunately I did not measure how much I removed and so I need to make sure the correct amount is in there. I added 4 brand new liters. I drove it around and then put it in...
  2. C

injection pump head seal

Thanks Bob!
  3. C

injection pump head seal

i believe this is an issue with the IQ adjustment. Still need to get access to vcds...
  4. C

need access to vagcom in dc area

alternatively, anyone know if this :http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X5GM4VY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B007VYBRFA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01M5QZFGYQ5P8CWK7JWT will work for setting the timing?
  5. C

need access to vagcom in dc area

I need to set my timing after replacing the pump seals. Anyone in the DC area(I am in Rockville) willing to help me out with a vagcom??
  6. C

injection pump head seal

i replaced the head plug as detailed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ht=center+plug Now i have eliminated the leak. the car started sounded great for about 3 minutes then the engine started sounding really rough and was vibrating quite violently. I am hoping it is an issue with the...
  7. C

injection pump head seal

ok ive done some research on the forums. Thanks for the photos Andy Bees! I will first check the plug for leaks. If it is still the head seal I may pull off the head completely now that I've seen how Andy does it.
  8. C

injection pump head seal

andy bees: looks like you completely removed yours. I am attempting to do it without complete removal of the head. Mine didn't appear to have any residue. I am using the black viton seals that are supposed to stretch ok.
  9. C

injection pump head seal

I have replaced it twice without success. First time i squished it somehow even though i thought i was very careful. Second time i was even more careful. Thought i had it when i got the car running again but then I saw the drip drip right under the 13mm bracket bolt. I guess i will order...
  10. C

Replace the condenser or not?

when I turn the a/c on it sounds like the something is about to explode. Loud gravelly grinding noise....I am pretty sure the compressor is shot. I used one of those diy kits to add r134 to the system because I wan't getting consistent cold air( I think this was a bad idea). Then I was...
  11. C

Replace the condenser or not?

So I am replacing a bad a/c compressor and also the drier, expansion valve, and o-rings on my 2000 Jetta TDI. The kit from discount ac should be here any day. A guy at a local garage said if there are metal shards in the system I will not be able to flush the condenser fully and will have...
  12. C

A/C question

So I am replacing a bad a/c compressor and also the drier, expansion valve, and o-rings on my 2000 Jetta TDI. The kit from discount ac should be here any day. A guy at a local garage said if there are metal shards in the system I will not be able to flush the condensor fully and will have to...
  13. C

no first or reverse 2000jetta tdi

thanks for the hints. i found what i needed at tdiparts. It is called the shift carrier, part # 1J0711256. Apparently this is common thing that breaks on my model. It is all plastic and gets brittle with time. I ended up getting it from the dealer for about $50 cause i needed it...
  14. C

you were right. The plastic piece that attaches to the relay lever is broken. I could not figure out how to remove the relay lever that the plastic piece is apparently an integral part of. I removed the adjustment nut but that did not help. I am hoping i do not have to remove a lot of other...
  15. C

When I move the stick into first or reverse the transmision seems to be in third instead. Can anyone point to info on how to fix this? I am thinking it something wrong with the shifter?