Recent content by cochrank

1. C

Air front passenger airbag crash sensor

Group, Was wondering if anyone has run into this and what is the fix. I have a 2014 Jetta. Recently the airbag light came on. Used my VCDS and came back with the following codes: 2 Faults Found: 9444117 - Front Passenger's Front Airbag Crash Sensor B101B 15 [10001000] - Open or Short to...
  2. C

Heater/AC stops blowing

I ran a scan for all modules yes. No difference when I use the recycling button. I will check the cabin filter but there is nothing in the glove box. Again it comes and goes so if it is the cabin filter, why?
  3. C

Motor for air distribution flap

Hello, wondering if you have figured this out yet. I am having the exact same issues on my 2014 Jetta.
  4. C

Heater/AC stops blowing

super1, yes I have a VCDA. I have run the scan and no errors come up on it. Again, not consistent and it doesn't matter how I hold my tongue. Just decides "I think I have blown enough air now" and sort of cuts it off". Also reading that post you linked, it seems like the exact situation I...
  5. C

Heater/AC stops blowing

Group, This an odd one for sure. I have read about no heat, blower not working , etc. but mine is a little different. I have a 2014 Jetta. Awhile back when we first purchased the car my wife said the heat was not working. Searched and saw things about the heater core being plugged. I...
  6. C

Key will not turn over car after battery disconnected for 2 months

I have not. What it came down to was either the key lost coding or the ECU. I ended up selling the car. Odd if it was the key since it would crank over, just not start. Snorts of ether would get it to fire. This narrowed it down to the fuel pump not delivering fuel. I directed wired the...
  7. C

I have no updates. Still trying to find out why all dash lights are on even after I remove the key. Crank, no start.
  8. C

Horn and cruise control stopped working after DPF replacement

Group, Update. I found the problem. It was a broken watch spring. Replaced it and everything works now. Must be when the steering wheel disconnected and freewheeled and I turned it I must have ripped off the ribbon wiring. Lesson learned. When changing the DPF, disconnect the steering...
  9. C

Group, update on this issue. To answer backfast61 question. The battery is at ~12.5V. So during this investigation period I have left the key in the car. When I went out to do some more investigation, I thought let's try it again and low and behold the car now turns over with the key. That...
  10. C

Group, To give some updates. I hooked it up to a Vag Com and received the following errors as well when I went into the central electronics. 01326 - Control Module for Multi-Function Steering Wheel (J453) 004 - No Signal/Communication 03591 - Control Circuit for Horn 011 - Open Circuit -...
  11. C

Now that I got everyone's attention with the weird combination of words here is my issue. I replaced the DPF the other day in my 2014 Jetta. While putting the DPF back in I could not quite get it to slide up in and instead of following the exact directions oilhammer gave about dropping the front...
  12. C

not a bad battery, again I charged it up and is fully charged. I can turn the engine over with the starter using the ol' screwdriver across the starter terminals. It will turn the engine over but it will not start 9even with the key on)
  13. C

limp mode diesel particulate filter help (009315/009299/006744

Group, to give an update on this vehicle. Took it to VW and found ou it was still under the emission warranty (120,000 miles). They ended up replacing the DPF, NOx cat and the exhaust manifold. ~$5500 to VW. Shortly after my wide decided she wanted to see a deer up close and personal...
  14. C

Group, Need some help here from the experts. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI. We parked/stored this car over the winter and to make sure bad things didn't happen (electrical short, mice, etc.) we unhooked the battery. After wanting to get it out of storage we connected the battery, put it on a...
  15. C

limp mode diesel particulate filter help (009315/009299/006744

Group, An update. I performed the DG P2015 fix and it worked (no more code). I tried to do the regeneration while standing. It I guess performed it because it did the high idle process for like an hour before it stopped (stated "Abort' at the end. I do not know if that is normal). Still...