Recent content by Clroads

1. C

Brian, I purchased Brussels Belgian‘s car several years back. 4door sedan. GTD. I don’t drive...

Brian, I purchased Brussels Belgian‘s car several years back. 4door sedan. GTD. I don’t drive it any more. It’s been sitting for several months and it is time to pass it on. Right around 210k on it. Just south of Philadelphia PA. Charlie
  2. C

Car For Sale

Just pm the seller. Check your local Craig's list or follow on eBay for some other data points also.
  3. C

FS: 2005 VW Passat Wagon 170k [MA/NY]

There was a small niche, and it may still exist for these vehicles. The car exemplifies pre-scandal engineering/ mindset in my mind on the part of VW. I saved a couple, but with the negative value, I am money ahead just walking by, as you said. I enjoy some of the mods on these cars, but now...
  4. C

The passing of EuroCar owner in West Grove, PA

He told me that for the Passat TCM module he made an adapter several feet long from an old harness to relocate it under the dash, from the floor. Thought that was cool.
  5. C

FS: 2005 VW Passat Wagon 170k [MA/NY]

It is a shame the market has fallen off for these B5.5s. There were known issues that could be corrected and improved, but as the car is older now, it is tougher to swallow the cost of a transmission, torque converter, transmission service, or conversion, even with the balance shaft upgrade or...
  6. C

The passing of EuroCar owner in West Grove, PA

Thanks for the post Brent. I had seen him within the last two months for something. He was always very helpful, and always had time for me. I know he was training a girl to work in the shop this past summer. His wife looked like she may have been battling an illness earlier in the year.
  7. C

2005 Passat GLS Wagon - SE PA $4800

Car is sold! Local buyer. TDI owner.
  8. C

2005 Passat Wagon TDI FWD Auto in CA (not running)

Oh, yes there is! Thick, goopy, from bad fuel http://www.clean-fuels.com/images/bugpipe.gif
  9. C

2005 Passat Wagon TDI FWD Auto in CA (not running)

Slight wear on the camshaft? What do the lifters look like? Timing belt is due also, so camshaft kit at same time? Would the trans service be due also. I like the geared shaft. Can also inspect hex during this service. Should not take much to drop the tank, flush or replace with used...
  10. C

2004 Passat TDI sedan Louisiana for sale

Who does the normal service? The fuel filter may be a simple part of the problem. There is also a way to clean the turbo if it is simply gummed up. The turbo actuator is right in the front. You would simply have to either buy, rent or borrow the Mighty vac to see the turbo actuator move...
  11. C

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/boost-leak-tester-leaking-turbo-symptoms-how-to-fix/ And a mightyMax vacuum guage from the auto parts store and you are the leak guru. A couple of years ago there was Fooberts Now there is searchtempest Well good luck with the sale
  12. C

You can try CL for 2500 and see if it's not gone by tonight?
  13. C

Can't give stuff away on this site. Good luck with the new car and the growing family. Probably coolant sensor? Maybe plus a leak, (vacuum or charge line)
  14. C

Price reduced 2003 jetta tdi wagon, manual

I glad that worked out.
  15. C

2005 B5 5spd Passat TDI

Here is one http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=462262