Recent content by cjlangston

1. C

Moonroof = Less Headroom?

I'm 6'6" also and find that an open moonroof solves these issues :p
  2. C

Wheel center cap

can anyone recommend a good place to purchase replacement center caps? I have a 2012 SEL with 18" OEM wheels... would also appreciate the dimensions of the center cap if anyone has it. thanks!
  3. C

40K service checklist

just had my 40k done on my 2012 SEL w/DSG…dealer wanted to charge $1090 until I threatened to walk. Brought it down to $890 and I still feel unclean
  4. C

100K Club

no need to replace the timing belt yet? Thought that was a 100k item?
  5. C

Just pumped 18.6 gallons

nice price…we pay approx $.50/gal more in Nor Cal
  6. C

Locked key in trunk

I didn't think you could lock the Passat key in the trunk…or is that just the KESSY?
  7. C

Flying plywood into the front of the car at 80 mph

somebody hitting you in a parking lot would be a collision claim, not a comprehensive. Comprehensive claims are basically "acts of god" that are unavoidable such as hitting an animal, a tree falling on your car, weather damage, theft of property, etc. Comprehensive claims are rarely exercised...
  8. C

Flying plywood into the front of the car at 80 mph

this sounds like a comprehensive claim, so provided you carry comprehensive you won't get dinged for a raise in rates. Comprehensive deductibles are usually in the $50 to $200 range…peanuts compared to the $2k + it will cost to repair if bumper damage.
  9. C

New Continental RNS-510 FW

successful upload of firmware update this morning…the trick for me was a combination of putting the MFS in 24hour mode and also burning the disc correctly. I'm on a mac and used the "burn to disk" shortcut via finder…that didn't work. Went back with new disk and used the disk utility to manage...
  10. C

actually, I think it does. Here's the compatability list: CC 2009 - 2010 CC Lux Limited, Lux Plus, V6 Exec 4Motion 2011 - 2012 Eos 2009 - 2011 Golf 2010 GTI 2009 - 2010 Jetta 2009 - 2010 Passat 2009 - 2010 Tiguan 2009 - 2010 Tiguan SEL w/ Prem Nav, SEL4 w/ Prem Nav & Dynaudio 2011 - 2012 Passat...
  11. C

just received an email from VW/NavTeq offering a map update CD for $199...have others received the same?
  12. C

I can't seem to get the SW 4366 firmware update to "start". I've followed the instructions faithfully, the car is "off" and the radio is "on" using the radio button. I see the message that says "CD/DVD ERROR" but nothing happens after that. I'm beginning to wonder if my SW version is too old to...