Recent content by cidades

1. C

Erros Audi A4 b5 98

Este forum é international, devia escrever em ingles para toda a gente poder ajudar. Tem ai uma avaria(00550) relacionado com o tempo de inicio de injecao provavelmente a bomba ficou fora de ponto. Convem verificar. Em relacao aos outros não encontro relação com o motor. Esses sintomas que...
  2. C

Tune Time? Out of time?

Tuned mine at about the same mileage yours is now, 100k later no issues other than a head gasket. So if it's running fine go for it.
  3. C

Confirming an RCV failure in the AC?

There is an internal RCV :D Had a little problem with mine, Sanden SD7V16, it was making too much cold, evaporator sitting around -2ºC.
  4. C

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

Too much headpressure probably caused by lack of condenser cooling(fans not working correctly, clogged radiator fins), too much refrigerant gas or system contaminated with atmospheric air.
  5. C

AC not cold enough, expansion valve?

With variable displacement compressor this car should maintain suction(low pressure) just a little under 30psi. High side appears to be OK at 250 for that 90F ambient.
  6. C

Crazy power steering squealing

Check the alternator clutch pulley, seen them causing similar issues.
  7. C

Flexible Service Interval Retrofit?

turbocharged798, do you have the hood switch wired to cluster pin? What cluster do you have? And CCM?
  8. C

Do any of you that retrofited the oil level sensor got the low level warning coming up?
  9. C

Injection Pump Swap

A few months ago while replacing a timing belt on an ALH noticed that the pump lock hole was rotated 180º from the right point, dont believe it came like this from factory so it was probably a bad rebuild. Ended up just doing the usual procedure, but without locking the pump, in the end fine...
  10. C

fuel gauge sensitivity

You just need to fix the speed sensor, the speed signal is used to damp the fuel level.
  11. C

Standalone VNT controller for all diesels

Bosch EDC can do those, why try to reinvent the wheel? Boost on those ECUs is controlled in a closed loop, vanes position varies with RPM, EGT, Intake temperature, injected quantity,...
  12. C

Metal in the oil

Yeah, some unnecessary weight that engine is throwing out itself.
  13. C

Metal in the oil

Minor update: Took out the oil pan to retrofit a oil level/temperature sensor and guess what, found another piece of metal like the one in the photo that is on the first post. So far I know my engine block has two holes... any guess where? It's all dry, no visible oil around...
  14. C

Update, found out that ECU is the one who calculates Soot and Thermal load and sends it to Instruments Cluster through CAN-Bus, 2 bytes message. 0-255 each... ECU calculates this values based on two caractheristic maps siwOEL_tKF and siwOEL_rKF, on my ECU those maps were mispopulated with 254...
  15. C

Ok, now I understand. brrrrrrr I have read most of this thread and found nothing about what I'm thinking to do... Yes there is, but is only accessible with a scan tool.