Recent content by ChippyTDI

1. C

GTB1756vk not boosting like it used to

New vacuum lines installed, feels happier in general especially at lower rpms. Still starts to feel a little slower to respond once hot but ill do some logging to and from work for a few days. Fingers crossed
  2. C

Suzuki_dude: AEM Dryflow filter all washed and clean recently - no effect sadly adamss24: Yeah I'm going to redo the vacuum lines next weekend, I've already done the simplification years ago so shouldn't take long. Im expecting to have to adjust the stop screw etc looking at the logs. Hope my...
  3. C

MAF sensor has been removed and the ECU used map based fueling. The cam must be nearing the end of its life due to the mileage so will probably get that changed soon to be fair. I have a 260° mild cam sitting on the shelf, should be less aggressive than the popular 272°
  4. C

Evening all, I've noticed slowly over the last year that my car is loosing its pull and response, especially at the low end. There has been no noticeable increase in smoke and feels more lively when the engine is cold vs warmed up, its very drivable still but has lost its punch a little. WOT...
  5. C

x-man Hybrid turbo reliability feedback

I've got one of his gtb1756vk turbos, it's been running flawlessly for approx 48,000 miles. Oil changed every 3-5k. Tuned to around 240bhp and a few track days under its belt.
  6. C

Piston bowl lip - PD owners

Thank for your advice all. I should probably have listed the whole spec for clarity, as below. 2.0 BHW Pistons Rosten rods supplies by darkside Xman 260° 9.8mm cam Firad 80% injectors External thermostatic oil cooler As you say, with sensible mapping it should be fine
  7. C

Enough for a gtb2260vklr to push 300bhp. Would like to take the car on a few track days, nothing competitive just to enjoy the car. I'm thinking more so about long term reliability
  8. C

Common Rail Dynamic EGR

I had dynamic EGR on the 1.9 PD engine, made a noticeable difference to warm up times in the winter. Usable heat inside the cabin far quicker. EGR shutdown pretty much as the gauge reached up to temperature. Had the feature for approx 25k miles before the valve failed, nothing related to the...
  9. C

Greetings all, Making progress with the ASZ rebuild but asking for some opinions on piston bowl machining. I'm thinking of having the bowl machined slightly as looking at older posts it's the first thing to melt. This and firad 80% injectors I'm wondering if it will smoke at idle and low rpm...
  10. C

Coated Pistons 1.9 > 2.0 BHW

I might have it done anyway as I can't hurt. I'm hoping the coating will keep some extra heat in the combustion chamber and potentially help with any off boost smoke from the injectors
  11. C

The Pioneering Performance GTB2260 Emporium

Any updates? Very interested in Pioneering Performance's GTB2260VKLR for my rebuild but awaiting your review of the performance haha!
  12. C

Yeah I'm getting the feeling that it looks damn good but its effects are negligible. As you say, makes for bragging rights
  13. C

Hi all, Getting ready to make progress on my 2.0 ASZ rebuild, anyone had their pistons coated as a bit of a preventative? Got a set of rosten rods from Darkside to bolt up to them but thinking of getting the combustion bowl slightly machined and coatings applied by DSD.