Recent content by chgofirefighter

1. chgofirefighter

CR170+ accessories...

I have a CR170 for sale, it comes with the EGR valve and other accessories to do the complete install+K&N filter. Also, a set of front weathertech mats. Prefer to sell everything locally in the Chicagoland area or burbs. For those that are interested in getting it shipped, the buyer is...
  2. chgofirefighter

CR170 Turbo

I am also selling my CR170 with all its supporting hardware, Kevin from Wisconsin diesel was going to do the swap for me however I parted with my TDI and now I have the new turbo unit and all its supporting hardware for install for sale!!! I have a thread on it!!!
  3. chgofirefighter

CR-170 turbo w complete install parts+

Which details are you asking about? Details are in the picture. Also, if you are asking about the turbo unit keep in mind that these turbo units are not being used in the United States but only in Europe, the CR 140 is the only turbo unit used in America, were the CR170 is used in Europe, so...
  4. chgofirefighter

CR-170 turbo w complete install parts+

Hello all, I just parted with my 2011 Golf TDI, purchased this parts to do a project but I never got to do it so my list is your gain. I also have weather tech floor mats in the deal. See attached pictures, all these parts cost me an investment so I am looking to regain my lost. Shoot me an...
  5. chgofirefighter

Cooling system issue

I did an AC recharge on my 11 golf TDI and I think I overfilled the system because now I don't get any AC. Only get AC in low outside temperature, 70 degrees my AC woks ok, but 80, 90+ the susten doesn't blow cool AC. Did a fault code check and it states AC system overcharged. How can I bleed...
  6. chgofirefighter

Hitch wiring harness?

Just being anal about the electrical system, my mechanic seems to believe that anything that isn't OEM isn't very good...
  7. chgofirefighter

Hitch wiring harness?

Just installed a hitch on my 2011 golf TDI, need the proper wiring harness. For what I've researched, is the Curt 56200 PEM-ST, power converter w circuit protection. Also, I would to proper connect and disconnect the wiring harness when not in use. I hear that I need a 5 flat adapter, which I...
  8. chgofirefighter

CR170 turbo unit?

Thanks! Great stuff lots of help..
  9. chgofirefighter

CR170 turbo unit?

I have all the parts and the new turbo unit but I haven't installed it. Curious for those that have already swapped out their CR140 for the CR170, can you share your experience? Performance, fuel savings "if any" likes, dislikes. I already removed the DPF, full exhaust, down pipe etc, and I have...
  10. chgofirefighter

CR 170 turbo

eBay UK is the way to go... Do a search, many out there to find but with careful research you should be good
  11. chgofirefighter

Oil change ?

What's a neuspeed hi flow? I have the CR170 turbo unit that needs to be installed, also, a few other parts that are required. In curious to see what the improvements will be and how the car will run after installing the CR170 European turbo unit, I think my car has the CR140 "American" spec...
  12. chgofirefighter

Oil change ?

Since I no longer have the DPF filter, the VW spec oil should not be needed. According to my tech he says that Rotella works fine... It's used for both diesel/gasoline cars. He says that the European oil isn't needed.
  13. chgofirefighter

Oil change ?

My 11 Golf TDI is almost due for the 40k service, I had the DPF removed, down pipe and full performance exhaust and a Malone tune done to it, she runs fantastic! Can I use Rotella T6 diesel oil for the oil change? I was informed that I could since I no longer have the DPF filter, etc but I don't...