Recent content by chapelhill

1. C

DIY EGT display approx $16

Looks very good but you should post your code too so others can benefit. I think the 0.96 inch screen is a bit small for two pressures but I have ordered 1.3 inch version to help. Looking to turn 2 minute peak and reset function to peak in last 2 minutes function. I like the graph you have...
  2. C

DIY EGT display approx $16

Here is my version of this. My old McNally gauge has the usual problem of display numbers not showing properly and since I changed to 4 bar boost it was not calibrated right so this looked like just the job to replace it. Someone else will be able to make a much better job, but tis is my...
  3. Arduino Boost and EMP gauge

Arduino Boost and EMP gauge

Arduino Boost and EMP gauge
  4. C

8V PD nozzle comparison - Bosio vs. Firad

The HP figures are very judgemental, so only use as approximate guide, use the % flow as better comparison, I think Firad 120% has been quoted as rated for 350hp but the likelihood is that 120% from both companies would be more likely to be equivalent than the 90% you quoted from DSSR which...
  5. C

8V PD nozzle comparison - Bosio vs. Firad

Sorry but I think this is an elequent well thought out and clearly communicated piece of miss information. Really dissapointed from someone who seems to be so dedicated and hard working as they could be capable of so much more. I think the darkside firads are raw flow rates compared to 150hp...
  6. C

What's necessary for more top end power? (BEW PD)

I agree you cannot utilise soi before injector ramp starts, but who needs soi of 35 degrees BTDC? Best effect of altering cam profile is to increase its rate of change which increases rate of injection giving effect of "larger pump" similar to putting more aggressive plate in the VP rotary pump...
  7. C

This is not the situation as I understand it, so what follows is my perspective. Injector lobe does not give linear injection rate per degree of rotation, standard lobe has maximum rate of injection at around TDC and at 35 degrees rate of injection is much slower. altering ramp to make maximum...
  8. C

For high rpm power so car still feels like it is pulling you need more air first so you can maintain boost with good effeciency seen as low emp then more fuel. Look for Darkside Arosa drag car that shows what good effecient boost and fuel can do through to 5500rpm although it is 16valve but has...
  9. C

Anyone ever had gearchange over-run

Would that point in timeline coincide with first time revving past 4500rpm after your cam change? The only way to correct it would be change cam for one with no modified injector lobe, or change injectors with differing bip profile but i don't know if that would work(smaller plunger would but...
  10. C

Anyone ever had gearchange over-run

How is this any different from your other recent thread? "Holding revs on fast accelerating gearchanges" http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=452819 The answer is you have changed cam shaft which has modified injector lobe profile and now requires modifications to the duration maps to...
  11. C

Holding revs on fast accelerating gearchanges

Has the cam got a modified injector lobe as that can increase actual quantities injected. The fix is to increase the negative duration above 4k rpm for the 0mg injected quantity.
  12. C

Considering replacement bottom end

Should you not have more than a 4 bar sensor for this. PID control struggles enough with nearly twice standard boost more than twice standard fuelling and larger turbo. As soon as boost approaches 3 bar boost there is hardly any change in boost, so PID then has less direct corrective action...
  13. C

507hp TDi. 423hp without NOS, Anyone got any bigger numbers?

Had a quick look at their web site and these were their comments on high torque VW boxes: "02Q casing – especialy Mk5 casings hase more material around bearings and are better for high torque engines." Not sure if you can use 02Q casing with O2M internals as starting point before further case...
  14. C

507hp TDi. 423hp without NOS, Anyone got any bigger numbers?

Congratulations to Ryan, Scott and all the Darkside team who were there supporting the effort on both Saturday and Sunday and those who turned out Saturday night at the Workshop to fix a relatively trivial but critical issue so we could continue on Sunday. I think there is a little more power to...
  15. C

N108 code plus other issues need help

Is this for a tune that was working before or a new tune. If a new tune and using generic writing tool could be a problem of checksum corrections in data area if there is problem the way tune was created. If it is a new tune try previous tune. If it is from tune that was working then I am stuck...