Recent content by carl20320

1. C

300,000 Miles

2004 Golf with 361K. Expect to get another 100K out of it having just replaced the turbo and put a stage 4 tune in it :devilish:
  2. C

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Investigated why my passenger side DRL/low beam quit working. Found a very poor connection that had gotten hot. Wires were barely crimped into the plug onto the bulb. Cut the old one off and cut one off a spare headlight we had sitting around and soldered the pieces back together. Joints...
  3. C

Shortly after I had my Stage 4 Malone tune, I got a CEL. Indicated glow plug #2. Car had all the symptoms of glow plugs not working either... GP light out immediately, rough cold start and idle until warm. Checked the plugs with a cheap multimeter and all seemed OK. Went and purchased a new...
  4. C

Holset + PD

I'm pretty sure his goal is NOT to "light the wheels sooner" since he has much longer gearing. I happen to know this car pretty well and it is not a stoplight to stoplight car. Why do so many think they need the power on early? Get the RPMs up, let these things run. Power low down breaks...
  5. C

Couple weeks late but went to do the timing belt, water pump, etc.. Found the turbo was beat all to heck. Got a VNT-17 and PD150 intake on the way and got everything installed, including the timing belt that started it all. Couple days later, car was down at Cascade German having a Stage 4...
  6. C

Quick advice regarding clutch change and other jobs

Did the same on my 04 Golf with 356K miles.... Leave it in.
  7. C

Painted my sunroof cover black while still in the car. One thin crop cloth, a roll of blue tape, a piece of cardboard, and a can of DupliColor Vinyl and Fabric paint were all that was needed. Now to just finish the headliner recover and get it reinstalled and my black interior retrofit will be...
  8. C

MKIV Golf, Rear Wiper Question...Beam Style?

So is that the 13" ICON wiper? Looked at those today but wasn't sure if it would work.
  9. C

How much axle grease?

When you buy a new Inner CV joint, they include a tube of CV grease. It is a 90 gram package for a brand new clean bearing. Instructions said to use that, and only that much. I keep hearing about packing the boot, or transmission flange... YMMV
  10. C

Injector slide hammer Salt lake City

I've made one before when changing the injectors in my VE pumped cummins. Piece of threaded rod, a few nuts and washers, and a 6" piece of pipe to make the slide. Worked like a charm.
  11. C

Where to buy inner CV joints?

Same from Cascade German. A couple different options. Inner CV Joint
  12. C

Well, KermaTDI seems to have closed up (but, not really). now what?

website seems up. Didn't try putting anything in cart.
  13. C

States, provinces, and countries I've been to... show off your traveling scoreboard!

After our last trip taking the son back to school in Florida, we ticked off a few more states. We had planned to get several more but we were right in front of all the really bad storms that hit the Midwest back in early August and we had to make certain we were in Daytona Beach to meet the...
  14. C

We had the bumper cover off replacing the core support and installing my VX Tuning headlights so it was really pretty easy. It is harder finding the horns than anything else. My son found a spot he was able to bolt them up in pairs to. I made a couple wiring harnesses so that the VW harness...
  15. C

AC Condenser guard - weak googlefu

I read somewhere, a few weeks ago, about a VW OEM condenser guard that protected the lower, exposed part of the AC condenser. Trying to find that and am coming up with a big goose egg. Not sure if it was on this forum or just out there but the post had the part number and a diagram. Looking...