Recent content by CaptainKirk

1. CaptainKirk

WTB - Shift Tower Housing

I'm looking the shift tower housing for an A4 02J transmission. The part number on the housing is 02J301232B. I was replacing the shift tower bushing and the machine shop that was trying to get the sleeve out broke off a portion of the housing. Price shipped to 49009 Thanks Kirk
  2. CaptainKirk

WTB - A4 Shift cable end Part # 1J0711761B

Looking for price shipped to 49009 Thanks Kirk
  3. CaptainKirk

WTB ALH 4th Injector Fuel Line

I'm looking for a fuel line and the nipple that it connects to going into the injection pump for an ALH engine. Price shipped to 49009
  4. CaptainKirk

2001 ALH turbo whistle noise

One of mine whistles all the time when you come off the throttle. We call it the screech owl. The previous owner took the cat out and put a straight pipe in. I've had cats that the entire innards are gone making them effectively a straight pipe. Could something like that have happened to yours?
  5. CaptainKirk

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 10th, 2015

Saber Automotive Light Kirk Was your light the flourescent model or the LED model. I've found booth in the $90 range. Kirk
  6. CaptainKirk

Odd ball things like the radio randomly shutting off while driving, the alarm going off when you turn the key on - (it doesn't do it every time), the doors deciding to lock unexpectedly. Could these be signs of a bad ignition switch on an A4?
  7. CaptainKirk

Sounds like this GTG will be just in time. If I don't get my electrical issues figured out by then, have you heard of any electrical guru's coming? Kirk
  8. CaptainKirk

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 18th, 2014

Key Question Kirk I'm looking forward to seeing you new set up next week. I have a 2000 New Beetle and the door/trunk keys don't match the ignition key. At some point something got changed. The key I have doesn't fit the door or trunk. The only way in is by using the remote (viper, not the...
  9. CaptainKirk

WTB 1998 Jetta TDI MK3 Sub-Frame

It looks like the sub-frame was bent when the car hit a curve this winter on the ice. The front sway bar and sub-frame on the passenger side are pushed back against the frame. Will have a body shop look at it for their evaluation but wanted to see if anyone has one available and get a price in...
  10. CaptainKirk

WTB MKI or MKII Rabbit Golf Diesel

1981 Rabbit I have an 81 rabbit that my wife would be very happy to sell....cheap. It ran when we moved it to its current location. It was a daily driver until a Michigan pothole broke the rear axle so it would need to be trailered to a new home. A person with the right tools and welding...
  11. CaptainKirk

Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

I just got a response to a PM I sent to Frank about doing some head work. He says he's planning on coming. Kirk
  12. CaptainKirk

Lew I just added another one today. It's a bit of a project car at this point and may need some head work. Cassandra and I have progress a little bit since you taught us how to do the TB job....:D Marty Do you know if Frank wll be coming this year? I'm just starting a project car that...
  13. CaptainKirk

The TDIratchett is back in Battle Creek. I'm hoping we'll be able to get her to come tbis year. She's going to miss Aaron and the kids though... You'll have to ask her what she's done to her B4...:D
  14. CaptainKirk

WTB Downpipe for B4 Passat

I'm looking for a downpipe for a 97 Passat... Thanks Kirk
  15. CaptainKirk

where to get 75-84 rabbit parts??

What are you looking for and are you looking for new or used parts? We have a 1981 Rabbit here in SW Michigan. Kirk