Recent content by Captain_Chaos

1. C

2.0TDI Cutting out and hesitating at speed & idle

Update UPDATE: Dealer rang and they have replaced the ECU and crankshaft position sensor, the car is running fine apparantly. I am picking it up tomorrow. I don't think there was anything wrong with the ECU I think there was just some problems communicating with it due to the method they used...
  2. C

bhtooefr: I contacted them, they want to have a look at the ECU, but since the car isn't driveable I can't get it to them until I get it fixed and then I will take them the old ECU and if it is ruined I will send them the bill for the new one. I have a feeling they didn't re-seal the ECU...
  3. C

UPDATE: The dealers have found out the car is chipped and my warranty will not be honoured, they said the ECU is faulty, so I am having to have one replaced at the cost of 800 pounds. I went to try and pick the car up yesterday, it cranked for ages and eventually started, but the check...
  4. C

It's a 140PD stock with 16V
  5. C

I've had this problem for a week now. When I start the car, sometimes it will just stall again, then I can start it again and it will run fine. Then when I am driving I will feel a slight hesitation from the engine, just as if I'd lifted off the throttle, and sometimes more severe feeling...
  6. C

I've had this problem for a week now. When I start the car, sometimes it will just stall again, then I can start it again and it will run fine. Then when I am driving I will feel a slight hesitation from the engine, just as if I'd lifted off the throttle, and sometimes more severe feeling...
  7. C

All TDI PD Chip Manufacturers

FYI Superchips UK have agents at the following locations: Taken from www.superchips.co.uk California Eurobahn Performance Tuning Centers Inc. 10061 Riverside Drive Suite 796 Toluca Lake California CA 91602 00818 3816335 tollfree:866 Euro Power 00949 5870275 jeff@eurobahn.us www.eurobahn.us...
  8. C

Ehance my Standard PD100

www.superchips.co.uk :D
  9. C

Slow Pd 130???!!!

Maybe run a compression test on it? Bad fuel? What cetane rating is the fuel in Nigeria? It might be designed for old tractors. I'm really running out of ideas now!
  10. C

22mil RS4 Rear Anti Roll Bar fitted

On Thursday my car had the standard S-Line rear anti roll bar (18mil) upgraded to the beefier RS4 22mil with DRC anti roll bar. I am nothing short of staggered as to how such a seemingly small change can alter the cars handling so significantly. The car feels absolutely stuck to the road in...
  11. C

Now that I've pulled my ECU for...

I doubt it very much, there was certainly no issues with my car after the ECU was removed & replaced.
  12. C

is this a defect with the VW or osram?

www.powerbulbs.co.uk is where I bought my powerbulbs blue vision plus. They burn at 4000k, have had them in my car a month so far and very pleased with them, the beam is noticeably longer on dipped and the light is white with a blue tint. They look fantastic and don't suffer from the poor...
  13. C

Height and spring rates of OEM Suspensions for A4’s

what the hell is it with resurrecting old threads just lately, there was one in the performance forum too???
  14. C

Poll!: BoostGAUGE on A-Pillar or Steering Column?

I like the A Pillar mounts but can't use one due to the head airbags, I don't really fancy a boost gauge in my face when it gets propelled by the airbag @ 300km/h. I really dislike the steering column mounts I think they look dreadful. My preference would be to have a custom made pod that...