Recent content by capflya

1. capflya

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$2.89 last time I filled up here in Nor Cal...
  2. capflya

B100 in Rod's 2009 Jetta

There's bolts on there... so it could be put back on if needed... I do get a good 2-4mpg better without it BTW.... I didn't want it to clog when I'm pulling a heavy load up a hill. And the bump in economy was convincing as well... not to mention way lower EGT's... just to name a few... :D
  3. capflya

B100 in Rod's 2009 Jetta

You could draw oil from the sump no prob... the problem is your oil is being diluted by biodiesel and I assume this would lower the viscosity of the oil? Now as far as the regeneration... I have not seen a picture of an actual VW DPF so I can not confirm that the regenerations are triggered by...
  4. capflya

DieselGreen Fuels tests B100 in 2009 Jetta TDI

Well... for the consumer who wants to leave their car stock I can see this being a problem. But for those of us who like to "tinker" I think the '09 TDI still has some potential... Without the DPF in place there would be no need for post combustion injection correct? Computers can do a lot of...
  5. capflya

2009 Tdi

Looks good! Just add the honeycombed fog light grilles and fog lights and it will all match....
  6. capflya

09 TDI - What should you pay?

PM me... I might be able to get you some numbers of "local" dealers... I'm in fairfield and the VW close by has 3 TDI's on the lot... unless they sold some today at least... expect to pay MSRP minimum... this early in the TDI game you have to pay to play... however you do get a $1300 tax credit
  7. capflya

2009 TDI eligible for $1300 tax credit!

I pay taxes... I just over pay so I get money back at the end of the year... The VW dealer has a jetta coming in about 4 weeks that my name is on so it's mine when it comes in. (check my sig...) No worries lightflyer, if my taxes end up different and I don't get the money I wouldnt think of...
  8. capflya

Ok... thats what I was thinking, but I don't grasp this tax stuff unless I'm doing them and have all of the forms in front of me :D Thanks for the clarification.
  9. capflya

That is my exact question. I overpay. I claim 0 on my W4 and get the amount that I overpay back. I don't get everything back, so I'm just curious if it would indeed be a $1300 on top of what I already get back, or if it goes under deductions like charitable donations and that sort of thing. For...
  10. capflya

Question for the tax wizards... I always end up getting money back from the IRS. From what I read the $1300 is off of the taxes owed... so If I do not owe taxes do I get screwed out of the $1300? Or does the $1300 get added to what the IRS owes me?
  11. capflya

2009 Ipod?

If the ipod option was in the car then you don't need a cable... if the salesman told you... "you can use your ipod with this" and there is a little hole in the glove box that says "aux" then you need the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. If this is the case then you control the ipod from the ipod, not the...
  12. capflya

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$3.93 here in fairfield CA (1hr from sacramento)
  13. Jetta anthracite wheels

Jetta anthracite wheels

Not my car...
  14. capflya

2009 Tdi

Since he didn't post pics yet I went searching... it's not an 09 TDI but its the same color/body style.... NOT MY CAR... just a picture I found online...
  15. capflya

2009 Tdi

Any pics of your new car? I'm getting a platinum grey TDI and I'm trying to decide on wheels... Thanks!