Recent content by Canadian_Grizzly

1. Canadian_Grizzly

power loss, limp mode?

Years ago this happened to my car. I restarted the car and it never returned. These are drive by wire cars and I think it was a glitch in that system putting into safe mode, not to be confused with limp mode which is a completely different thing.
  2. Canadian_Grizzly

Replacing timing belt w/o special tools

Search "mark and pray" Not recommended.
  3. Canadian_Grizzly

Who has mega miles on a TDI

Still Climbing
  4. od

od

5. Canadian_Grizzly

The 300k mile club!

Update.... 631,000km 392,000 miles
  6. Canadian_Grizzly

Please help me figure out my limp mode

You are on the right track... just go through the writeup in my signature.
  7. Canadian_Grizzly

ABS or Break Wear Sensor?

Or just strip and short out the wire, this will also remedy the problem.
  8. Canadian_Grizzly

To clean intake manifold?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oet4qWeZuYA Some concern with warping the intake with above method. Other methods are frayed cable length on drill, oven cleaner, machine shop personally I prefer elbow grease and car wash. Good luck,
  9. Canadian_Grizzly

loss of power

If you only noticed the loss of power going up hills then I'm guessing you don't exercise your enough. Limp mode is dramatic and not a slow decrease in power. These cars need to be properly throttled occasionally. First have you ever cleaned your intake manifold? Second I would suspect the...
  10. Canadian_Grizzly

looking for auto transmission for 2003 jetta tdi

Mitch why not consider a 5 speed swap. You will get better power and mileage and longevity? Just wondering...
  11. Canadian_Grizzly

Limp mode- code P0234/Transmission issues?

Glad you found the problem. You can source just the actuator at many vendors. idparts for one. http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=530
  12. Canadian_Grizzly

Limp mode- code P0234/Transmission issues?

Read the writeup in my signature it should help with your overboost issue.
  13. Canadian_Grizzly

Limp mode

You bet... I have a writeup in my signature that will guide you through the process of diagnosing and fixing the problem.
  14. Canadian_Grizzly

Rebuilding

You are better off just sending the whole head to FrankO6. He does excellent work and he knows TDI's which is critical. Do it once to it right. Frank did my head over 100,000 miles ago.
  15. Canadian_Grizzly

where to buy new intake manifold

As above why not just clean your current one? Once its off just take it to the car wash and treat with degreaser and spray it out.