Recent content by campingalan

1. C

New VW Radio with AUX

Good evening sir. If you currently have the stock AM/FM/CD radio and just looking for an auxiliary plug in, this is what I did. Many years ago I had BestBuy install an Aux port. It is tied to a small FM transmitter mounted out of sight. There is a small rocker button also installed that...
  2. C

2005 Pasat Wagon Value?

Ughhh…...I am currently going through the same decision point. Oilhammer has had the car twice: 2010 to do the balance shaft, steel glow plugs, engine mounts, timing belt, and a few other items and 2017 to do the shocks, cam shaft, timing belt again and other items. I also just put in some Raxle...
  3. C

Brake Lights DEAD - 05 Passat

Ok....thank you very much. I somewhat forgot about all of the electronics under the floor on both side. Add to it, it has only rained here once in south west CO since I got home from overseas in January. So, I definitely didn't think about moisture issues. I will definitely take a look...
  4. C

Brake Lights DEAD - 05 Passat

Bumping the thread.... I just had the flashing glow plug light, as well as the ABS and Traction control light steady stay on. After reading threads like this, saw the brakes were a common cause. Had wife see if brake lights were on or off when I pushed the brake pedal; the brake lights were...
  5. C

DC/MD/VA going to GTG Chapin, SC January 25, 2014

I haven't been to Dan's GTG in Chapin SC, but did participate with one in Asheville back in 2010 that included Dan. There will be many of the same people there. If you have the time...and the iron butt perspective....no doubt you would enjoy the gathering. There are some great folks in the...
  6. C

Fort Bragg/Fayetteville anyone?

Thank you augie dog; sorry for the delay...hadn't been in this link for awhile. I will definitely check that out. I retired a few months ago. Now commute to DC for work. A cheaper top off than Moore County would be awesome! I pass right by the place I think you are talking about on Hwy 1.
  7. C

Hi R1 Rider......If you look up a few posts to DanD144, they are havng a GTG, Get-Togetger, in early June. If you haven't been to one, it is well worth it; you will meet some tremendous people there. (Excuse me if you are familiar with the GTG process). You bring your parts....it also may help...
  8. C

I live in Carthage area on the West side of post. I have only one diesel option between the 36 miles from home to work; the Kangaroo Gas Station in Vass, NC. It was 3.90 yesterday; the first time I have seen it below 4 in quite awhile out here.
  9. C

Greatings....and congratulations on your purchase! I am back in NC now; driving my tdi on post. You are right; I have been seeing more and more lately. It sure would be nice if the fuel station splurged and put a diesel fuel tank on post.
  10. C

Greetings......I work close to your location; but out of the country till the summer time.
  11. C

February 2011 Mileage Thread

22 Feb 2011 - Vass, NC Driver: campingalan Miles: 551 Gallons: 16.145 Model Year: 2005 Model: Passat Wagon Tranny: 5A Fuel Type: ULSD
  12. C

11 Feb 2011 - Durham, NC Driver: campingalan Miles: 619 Gallons: 17.534 Model Year: 2005 Model: Passat Wagon Tranny: 5A Fuel Type: ULSD
  13. C

5 Feb 2011 - Aberdeen, NC Driver: campingalan Miles: 410 Gallons: 11.588 Model Year: 2005 Model: Passat Wagon Tranny: 5A Fuel Type: ULSD
  14. C

1 Feb 2011 - Vass, NC Driver: campingalan Miles: 561 Gallons: 16.006 Model Year: 2005 Model: Passat Wagon Tranny: 5A Fuel Type: ULSD
  15. C

January 2011 Mileage Thread

26 Jan 2011 - Vass, NC Driver: campingalan Miles: 543 Gallons: 15.665 Model Year: 2005 Model: Passat Wagon Tranny: 5A Fuel Type: ULSD