Recent content by CallMeColt

1. C

2012 Passat TDI SE NMS Thread

Replacing the sensor did the trick. Cleared the codes & have driven a few hundred miles. Well over 144,000 miles now. I can tell summer diesel is here as I am getting a 2-3mpg boost.
  2. C

I'm at 143,xxx miles now. Been a while. Just driving it & saving money! Looks like I am going to be putting this vehicle up for sale. Child #4 is on it's way, and the diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee isn't going to fit everyone, so I'm going to take that & my wife is going to get something larger...
  3. C

I'm at around 136,xxx miles now. Did my first own oil change on the car a few months ago. Very easy. Hardest part is dealing with how low it is as I'm used to trucks! Had a little issue pop up with the HVAC blower fan. It made a bunch of noise then stopped. Took 15 minuets to remove it and...
  4. C

Hmmm, well I'm not in the TDI covered period anymore. If it keeps it up & gets to the point it won't run right, I will do my own fix. :) Thanks for the heads up on that though!
  5. C

So, again, it has been a while since posting. Just been driving the vehicle. No real issues! Had the warning come on for "No engine start in 200 miles" It came on randomly. The next morning it stopped coming on. I didn't add any DEF. I didn't think it was time too. Has been a few weeks since...
  6. C

You do need to have memory seats as well for it to work. It's is needed so it can remember where to move the mirror back to.
  7. C

At ~122,000 miles now. Noticed that my coolant overflow bottle got a little low. I'm thinking when the latest recall work was done, that some air worked it's way out of the system & it made the level drop. Going to mention it to the dealership when I go in next week. Also noticed they forgot to...
  8. C

I also replaced the tires a few months back. ~$600 with 80,000 coverage. I'm noticing that clunking up front again. Should get it looked at...
  9. C

So, I haven't posted in a while. Went a long stretch of nothing really happening. 3 weeks ago I did have a check engine light again. Was at ~117,000 miles. Codes P026A, P0403 and P1440. Pulled them with VCDS to give to the dealer. Codes were for the charge air cooler below value & EGR valve...
  10. C

Took the car over 1,500 miles this weekend. Only issue I had was my dashcam DVR SD card stopped working! Averaged 43MPG. Kept the cruise set at 65mph most of the way. Had a few hours of traffic & one day with a LOT of headwind.
  11. C

I noticed after everything being changed that I'm getting better fuel economy... Around 44 mpg since the work.
  12. C

Same here. I would just baby it until it was warm & then it would drive as normal. If this was happening in a heavy duty truck I'd be more worried because that would be putting a lot of stress on the crankshaft but it shouldn't do much to harm anything in this small vehicle if you left it warm...
  13. C

That's what I thought after seeing some of the other prices on here as well as the work involved with the DSG change. I have a bunch of other projects to work on so time>money for that. It was there anyways!
  14. C

Yes, definitely has! Was wondering if the code for #4 would come up again but it didn't.
  15. C

Got my car back today. They replaced the injector #2 under warranty. Because there wasn't a code active for injector #4, they couldn't replace it. DSG service was done along with an oil change. $465 after tax.