Recent content by Caddy 16v

1. Caddy 16v

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Did the timing belt yesterday, seems like it gets worse every time around. Crusty rusty and oil soaked mess, probably took me an extra 2h fighting unnecessary stuff like valve cover bolts and that lower engine mount. Then to top it all off it wouldn't build any boost, found out why after I...
  2. Caddy 16v

Is there a good VW TDI mechanic around Vancouver area? Thank you all.

JS Performance in Abbotsford, hands down.
  3. Caddy 16v

After over a year of hibernation insured the Jetta again. I'll drive it when the weather isn't totally crazy. Forgot how expensive commuting in a gas car is.😬
  4. Caddy 16v

$38K Mk7 TDI

315hp or the plus 333hp, doubt the latter one will make it to NA. Not that much more from the MK7.
  5. Caddy 16v

17/22

Might want to look into Dutch Auto Parts, he should still have "new" 17/22s.
  6. Caddy 16v

Gottuned VE injector upgrade

Gottuned is legit, people on here have bought turbos from them with no negative feedback as far as I could find. It's a Polish company so prices are going to be better than some other vendors.
  7. Caddy 16v

Can anyone identify this car? Was involved in drive by.

First picture looks a bit like a Mercedes CLS.
  8. Caddy 16v

Just rolled over 350k km, passed some adventure big rig camping truck thingie and as I pulled by there was this crazy loud shuddering sound. Thought my flywheel exploded but turns out that truck had his exhaust pointed right at my passenger windows since it was lifted to the moon. (Think Dakar...
  9. Caddy 16v

Once had a 94 Dodge Ram, when I got it the paint was in "pretty" good shape. I kept washing and waxing it maybe once a week and on top of that it was Florida and it was parked outside. Within about 2 years it went from YAY to NAY lol. Peeling down to the metal... then again the 2nd gen Dodges...
  10. Caddy 16v

Just like it shows in the picture: Take the two slide pin bolts out that hold the caliper in place, slide it off with some rubber mallet taps, then pop off the brake pads. After that you can remove the rotor. Don't forget the little screw if you still have it! [emoji6] Sent from my Pixel 2...
  11. Caddy 16v

Changed rear rotors and pads, after almost 10 years of doing brakes on this car found out you can take the rotor off without taking the carrier off... damn mind blown haha, what a waste of time fighting those bolts all those years!!! [emoji849] Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  12. Caddy 16v

Did some bodywork, not perfect but it's no show car. Just a bit more sanding and get the right color mixed tomorrow. Before and after [emoji6] Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  13. Caddy 16v

Muffles express products

Blown welds after the cat are very common, fixed mine several times until I had enough and welded a straight piece of pipe in its place. Probably too loud for most people. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  14. Caddy 16v

Where to get ALH nozzles installed?

Meh, to each their own, can't report any inefficiency either, consistent 1200km on a tank. I'd kind of wish something would happen so I can let go of this car, basically already been totalled body wise but just too much fun. Professional installation and calibration vs do it yourself has...
  15. Caddy 16v

Where to get ALH nozzles installed?

Or go old school and install them yourself... 100k on mine and nothing has exploded. Not a popular opinion here it seems nowadays.[emoji16] Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk