Recent content by c3kTDi

1. C

Recommendation for certified garage/mechanic near Charlotte?

I've got a 2015 Passat TDi. It's coming up on 100,000 miles. I'm going to have someone else do the timing belt. It's under the extended deiselgate warranty and I want to make sure the warranty stays in effect. (Meaning, does it HAVE to be the dealer, or can I use a certified mechanic?) Any...
  2. C

How-To Remove/Install the Misfuel Adapter 2013 Jetta

Yeah, necro thread. Thanks for the video. I've been cursing that guard for 6 years each time I add my Power Service Diesel Kleen to my fuel. Now? Yeah, baby.
  3. C

ckra balance shaft delete

Put the original balance shaft and oil pump back in? ;)
  4. C

P204F00 fault, VW has no fix!

^^^ What happened to her with that 50 mile warning? Did you take it in? Was the warning still showing when if you took it in? Did they confirm the issue?
  5. C

DSG

It's just gears being soaked in oil. It really isn't rocket science. Yes, I like doing it to spec. I've got VCDS and the ID parts pump/kit. Over fill it (5l), leave the drain plug off, idle the car. If you don't have vcds, let the car idle for ~15 minutes. When the oil stops dribbling, you're good.
  6. C

2015 Passat TDI SEL - Heat Issues

Air in the cooling loop.
  7. C

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

Thanks for doing such a great job reviewing their product (and being a beta tester for them!). This mod is still on my "very soon" list. Very, very soon.
  8. C

Frozen Windows

If you garage your car, put a heater in the garage. If not, there are small heaters that you could place IN your car. Something like a 1500 watt ceramic... Make sure you place it appropriately, with some protection around it to keep it from coming in direct contact with your...
  9. C

DEF Injector/Line leak: crystallized in engine

Dealer did the repair in a day. Can't say it was a top-notch level of work. Crystal residue still all over engine. They got 80-90% of the crystal mass, but left the residue everywhere other than on the immediate injector and feed line. There's some fabric heat shield on the back of the engine...
  10. C

DEF Injector/Line leak: crystallized in engine

Folks, Here are some pix of what I saw when I opened the hood at 81,000 miles. I performed the 80,000 mile services myself (oil/filter change, air filter, DSG oil/filter change) and there was no evidence of any leak. I -did- top off the DEF tank. I'm wondering if a bad batch of adblue would...
  11. C

Prestone coolant- rated for everything

I like the concept...it'd be far simpler to stock one coolant than the 4 or 5 I've got floating around the garage. I'd love to hear more about it.
  12. C

2015 Passat Fuel Door Issues.

I just checked mine...it USED to lock the filler door when the car was locked, but now it does not. Guess it's time to look into it. Grr.
  13. C

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

Thanks so much for doing this work. I'll be ordering a set of high and low beam bulbs.
  14. C

'15 Oil Consumption

My 2015, almost 80,000 miles, consumes almost a quart per 10,000. That's a LOT more than any of my other vehicles...but is steady and easily kept within limits. And I always keep a spare quart in my trunk. (I use liqui moly 4200.)