Recent content by C Brown

1. C

ESPAR Engine heaters group buy.

Here is some shots of the Espar install, can't get the firewire working, so It is the best I can do for now. Works Now http://home.woh.rr.com/stoker/Stokers%20homepage%20four3p%202p%203.html Regards CB&Stoker Now with heat! [ November 13, 2002, 19:18: Message edited by: C Brown ]
  2. C

Test delete [ November 10, 2002, 11:16: Message edited by: C Brown ]
  3. C

DO! now do like the seven day timer, it has three memory locations for each day, and increments days automatically for tomorrow, if today's selection time has passed. I still would opt for a long range remote, when needed. I have been informed the remote still uses the timers, selectable...
  4. C

The heater works great with the re-route.. engine to 160f in no time at all. Wow! real heat. I have to wire in a relay for the defroster to run on low, I don't think the Espar will have to run very long from cold. Now if I could find a good place for the seven day timer. The light/dimmer could...
  5. C

LONG! I think I have found a better place to draw the fuel, without dropping the tank. Wile E Coyote super genius! Just using a bolt with a steel tube soldered thru the middle, going up inside the fuel filter, from the water drain hole. The 2" long so, going up into the filter, should keep...
  6. C

I will post some photos, Ted. I just brought my camera to where I am doing the install, but don't think I can post stills from here. Will get something up in the next few days. LanduytG , I was afraid somone was going to say that... I did some experiments on the fuel, and disconecting the...
  7. C

AFAICT the heater will not fit behind the engine at all, but was my fist thought. Probably too much heat from the turbo anyway. I just now installed mine behind the battery, standing upright (as allowed) and this places the water I/O twards the heater core, the exaust intak/outlet hoses twards...
  8. C

FS: Brand new "TDIheater" coolant heater, $80.00 ***SOLD!!!***

My hotbar is making spam, sorry about the re-location link. I (think) i have it off now. CB
  9. C

FS: Brand new "TDIheater" coolant heater, $80.00 ***SOLD!!!***

I am getting one, if I know of one that will fit, cost 900 amerian out the door over here. I can't find anyplace where a H4 would easaly fit without either filter re-location, or moving the battery a far forward, and this puts it pretty high, even with an overfilled resiviour. And this is if...
  10. C

engine coolant preheater

Sounds great. I will be however installing the electric heater for now, and will be plumbing the EGR back into the exaust after the turbo, if the experiments go well. Currently at Idle, the EGR heat exchanger ouput is 170F almost imideatly from cold, and the water side is already plumbed into...
  11. C

engine coolant preheater

I do live in Ohio,I just want my windows clear when I start it up. I have a very short drive to work currently, and the heat dosn't work. without excessive idling, or pluging it in. If I can find one for under 500, I am in, Sicce a remote car starter isn't a real good idea with a stick, or a...
  12. C

engine coolant preheater

I wanted to make one of theese, but they would be diffucult to build, so I goota ask. Does anyone know what one of these things runs. I will call, if I have to.. but I was figuring in the 1K range? Would be GREAT! if it could be done for 400.oo or so... Electric heaters do no good at work...
  13. C

engine coolant preheater

I wanted to make one of theese, but they would be diffucult to build, so I goota ask. Does anyone know what one of these things runs. I will call, if I have to.. but I was figuring in the 1K range? Would be GREAT! if it could be done for 400.oo or so... Electric heaters do no good at work...
  14. C

? Does the A/C operate on "defrost" setting to dry the air?

On a simmilar note, I notice on my 97 Jetta, that if you DO turn on the AC, the fans run regardless. This further coolis off your motor, attempting to warm up. I am currently doing experiments with the normally fitted EGR heat exchanger(TO COOLANT) to vent the heat exchanger exaust to atmo...
  15. C

Automatic vs. Manual

see also http://www.howstuffworks.com/automatic-transmission1.htm and the cool shift lever and the color changes to show power flow. Good presentation. CB