Recent content by burpod

1. burpod

Filled Tank, Didn’t Start

May have gotten the injection pump air locked. 17mm wrench and crack injector nut and crank until you see a tiny bit of fuel come out. Retighten, then crack and close the others and try cranking again
  2. burpod

GTB2260VRK Turbo Converted

Out of curiosity what kind of max boost do you see at various rpm ranges, say, 2000rpm, 2400rpm, 2800rpm..? When does it make max boost of 42?
  3. burpod

edc16suite? going down the rabbit hole..... ;)

if anyone happens to have any zip files of A2L files, that would help speed things along - please pm me. i got my hands on one for my wife's 2006 golf BEW, but i have yet not tried to source any others. US/north american edc15 and edc16 models would be most useful for my own testing purposes.
  4. burpod

It will by it's nature include it ;)
  5. burpod

edc15 tuning... getting into the game! very basic questions

thanks for the offer. i'm kinda rusty. it was basically 20+ yrs ago the last time i did serious c/c++ programming, and all on unix/linux. emacs/vi, makefiles, creating GUIs with "motif" etc... heheh. this microsoft crap makes my brain hurt. really painful to my sensibilities as a programmer. i'm...
  6. pgrmmng.png

pgrmmng.png

7. burpod

So.... ARP head studs are nowhere?

Lol @ ecstuning saying they are "in stock" :LOL::LOL::LOL:. Hahahahahaaa
  8. burpod

edc15 tuning... getting into the game! very basic questions

well, i've officially gone down the rabbit hole bigtime... might be no turning back :eek: i'm knee deep in code now. it's been a long time since i've done any programming, and have almost no experience doing much on windows with visual studio, .net, c# .... this may be the final straw that...
  9. burpod

this may dead end very quickly, but we shall see.... attempting to harness my long dormant programming skills from a past life. never used visual studio or have done much programming on windows. it was all on unix/linux with makefiles and c/c++ so this stuff is kinda confusing but hopefully i...
  10. Screenshot_edc16.png

Screenshot_edc16.png

11. Screenshot 2021-12-04 170839.png

Screenshot 2021-12-04 170839.png

12. burpod

Help needed with BEW Turbo Actuator adjustment

i like to log with vcds, and then re-play it with vc-scope. you can't have both programs running at the same time, so make sure you close one or the other. start vc-scope and open file, should default to you ross-tech Logs directory, open it. hit the fast forward to watch it at the speed you can...
  13. burpod

Help needed with BEW Turbo Actuator adjustment

what exactly is false? i'm not exactly sure what you are saying here... the numbers "3-6" and "18-22" correspond to when the vanes are fully open and fully closed . if the set screw is in the right place, 18-22hg should be hitting the stop. the exact number i do not know or remember what it...
  14. burpod

VCDS turbo mode?

Ok, thanks. So none of our alh ecus use kwp2000 and will not have turbo mode, correct? That is all I was wondering, as I am keeping my eyes out for some spare alh ecus to play with and if any had turbo capability I would have preferred to find those. But apparently that decision has been made...
  15. burpod

VCDS turbo mode?

been googling around and can't seem to find the answer - i know the BEW ecu works with "turbo!" mode for VCDS logging, the higher sampling rate is great for fine tuning. i know Turbo mode doesn't work on my AHU ecu or an 2001 ALH ecu that is in my brothers car. are there any later ALH ecus that...