Recent content by BumbleBeetle

1. Beetle Pics

Beetle Pics

Beetle Pics
  2. B

FS: 2003 Beetle TDI GLS 5 Spd Near Madison, WI

Hello again everyone. I have a offer on the car from my craigslist listing but would really like to see the car go to someone in the club. I feel that the car would have a better chance at survival or the valuable parts would be used to keep a different ALH on the road. Any takers at $2000?
  3. B

Planning on posting this on local Craigslist at the end of the week....
  4. B

Updated with Pics! Car is sold.
  5. B

FS: 2003 Beetle TDI GLS 5 Spd Near Madison, WI - SOLD!!!!! SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to sell the 2003 Beetle TDI GLS! Details are as follows: Located near Madison, WI Yellow exterior Grey cloth interior 5 spd manual ~208k miles Timing belts changed by JasonTDI at 100k and 200k miles Routine...
  6. B

I am about to turn 100,000 what stuff should I do?

Rubicon, I'll echo the previous post. Contact jasonTDI via a PM. He's just a hop skip and a jump away from Milwaukee over here in Madison. He'll do the work right and save you some cash over the dealer...but doing the work right is really the most important part of that statement. Chris
  7. B

GTG at Dieselgrandads, Fond du Lac, WI?

I would strongly consider making the drive from Black Earth. I'm probably due for an intake cleaning (83k on the clock) one of these days and could use a brake fluid flush, but am not really in need of any other work at this time. -Chris
  8. B

wisc tdi owners

Chris, Black Earth, WI 03 yellow NB, 5 spd, stock other than EGR mod and Old Navy CCV filter Commute in/out of Madison each day (thru campus to the east side)
  9. B

Lake Mills, Wisconsin GTG - Feb 25, 2006

Excellent! Looking forward to it, Edward. You know, at first I was a little disappointed that the date coincides with Bockfest over at Capital Brewery, but given the history on how Bockfest goes for me, I'll be a lot happier on Sunday that I chose to hang out at the GTG. :D Just a quick...
  10. B

Newbie- Madison WI- Where to Buy TDI's?

Newbie- Madison WI- Where to Buy TDI\'s? We bought our Beetle TDI at Zimbrick West a little over 2 yrs ago. They didn't have any on the lot when we stopped in to test drive, but they were receiving a shipment of new cars when we were leaving and there was an unclaimed NB TDI coming off the...
  11. B

High Tire Pressure Causing Problems?

I am experiencing the same issue with my GY Eagle RS-A tires. They started making the noise you described after my 40k rotation, and I can feel a bit of wear on the edges of the front tires. I am running about 38psi all around. I now have 50k on the tires, so I'm not concerned with a bit of...
  12. B

Decent fuel in Madison WI?

No commercial BioD pumps and no Premier that I'm aware of. However, I've had good results using the diesel from the Cenex in Middleton on Pleasant View Rd (just west of the beltline on University Ave/Hwy 14). Last time I talked with the fuel manager for Cenex (which was 2 yrs ago when I got...
  13. B

Lake Mills, Wisconsin GTG - Sat, February 26, 2005

Big thanks to Edward for setting up and running another terrific GTG. Also, a big thanks to John Chady and Topel's. Great facility, great people. Enough said. -Chris
  14. B

Cool, thanks for the response Paul. Let me know how your schedule shakes out.
  15. B

Is anyone there going to have a brake fluid bleeder/pump? I'm coming up on 2yrs and would like to switch out the brake fluid. If memory serves me correctly, someone had one there last time...and also had brake fluid available for purchase.