Recent content by Bulldogger

1. B

Beetle and Beetle Convert. Roll Call. Who's out there?

My wife's 2014 TDI Malone tuned is at 9400 miles and scooting around. Just did timing belt and accessory belts because of age not mileage.
  2. B

2014 TDI coolant change

Okay found a video need to pull the bottom house which ironically is in the middle of the radiator. 2011-2018 VW Jetta - Coolant Drain & Refill - Girlie Garage - YouTube
  3. B

2014 TDI coolant change

Who knows why they removed the radiator drain probably to save money or hope you return to the dealership for the flush. Coolant looks great just because of the age I am going too change it states it needs G13 coolant.
  4. B

2014 TDI coolant change

My 2014 has no bottom radiator drain. The car is my wife's has 9400 miles, because of the age I just did the timing belt. Left the water pump because of low mileage and zero signs of leaking. I don't have a low bottom radiator hose only one looks to be mid-way up on the radiator, on the...
  5. B

2014 TDI coolant change

Would like to do this at home any ideas on the best way to drain out the coolant, pictures of which hoses to pull would be great. Thanks
  6. B

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Operative word is IF, people have to stop putting the cart before the horse. VW cheated on the EPA testing and all their cars were still passing state inspections. Obviously state inspections are not the same as EPA testing. Everybody is fine just like they were before the Fiasco started. Worry...
  7. B

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Too many people are putting the cart before the horse. Sit back, relax and wait to see what happens. My wife still loves her little bug and is going to keep on driving it. Okay it may not be as clean as it is supposed to be but that doesn't effect the joy of ownership in anyway and it is still...
  8. B

2014 Exhaust parts

last Bump before ebay
  9. B

ECM Reflash?

ECM reflash had to do with emissions and DPF regenerations
  10. B

Malone stage 2 at 65k?

It depends on the type of inspection stations you have. Some stations are sniff test, some are OBDII checking for sensor/ monitor readiness, and some from my understanding are a OBDII's that actually read the monitors to see if they are actually there???? the last one I am still fuzzy about...
  11. B

Screwing in rear brake piston

More then likely the tool slipped around and pinched the seal, s#it happens. I doubt you damaged the parking brake. If you can find your self a little tykes chair, or a little platform to let the caliper rest on while you use the tool to stabalize the caliper. Also in the future while the...
  12. B

Screwing in rear brake piston

If fluid is coming out more the likely you damaged the seal. You can usually buy a kit for a caliper rebuild.
  13. B

2010 Golf TDI, serpentine belt failure DESTROYED MOTOR

2 micron makes a timing belt cover that should prevevt this type of occurance. I put one of my wifes beetle at 200 miles then I did the rest of the mods. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 75 bucks for the modified cover seems like it's a worthy investment just to side step the...
  14. B

Malone stage 2 at 65k?

Buzzken is 409 and Rawtek is 304. Being my car was brand new when I modded it, I chose Rawtek because the 304 stainlesss is better quality then 409 so you are going to pay more for it.
  15. B

Malone stage 2 at 65k?

You can use the VAG-com to go into the system and make adjustments to the fuel calculations if you want.