Recent content by bulabula

1. bulabula

1999 golf gls tdi for sale

I know this car and it's a good one. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  2. bulabula

DC/Baltimore area social/lunch GTG - February 21, 2015 @ noon

Route 50 is fine. I drive it daily. The only time it can be a pain is heading East towards the Bay Bridge near Annapolis in the summer when you can get some pretty hefty back-ups. No issues for today (barring any snow related incidents).
  3. bulabula

DC/Baltimore area social/lunch GTG - February 21, 2015 @ noon

If we get 12", I'll drive the Dodge; else I'll bring the Golf (I need to try out the snow's).
  4. bulabula

Marvin's muffler shop, Baltimore

Thank you - Appreciate the report.
  5. bulabula

Nissan forums like TDIClub?

Is it throwing any codes? Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. bulabula

European TDIs get 68.9 MPG?

I didn't read this entire thread real close, but I'm visiting family in Denmark, and my cousins Volvo S50 1.6 l diesel auto shuts off at red lights to conserve fuel. Btw, fuel here is about $8/gallon. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  7. bulabula

NEED a 2001 TDI Engine

I found one here in the classifieds.
  8. bulabula

idle changes with blinker

When you say the grounds are secure (eyeball inspection?), or have you literally removed them, cleaned them and reattached? If you have a spare grounding strap cable available, connect it to battery and an alternate ground somewhere in the engine bay to see if that corrects it. My neighbor was...
  9. bulabula

Flashing Glow Plug Light

Mine started to blink today on the A4Golf, it looks like it was caused by an airbag code. We cleared the code and the blinking stopped. (Brake lights working). Edit Tuesday pm: blinking returned today on the ride home from work; and I don't have brake lights.... (not a good thing in rush hour...
  10. bulabula

Will 205/65/15 Tires work on my 2005 MK1V Jetta Tdi wagon

Sorry bout that tdicolby - I was thinking you had an A5 (even if you put MKIV in the title....). I like running taller tires these days. But if its a good deal - I'd buy those tires in a heartbeat for an A4. I wouldn't sweat .39mm wider.
  11. bulabula

Will 205/65/15 Tires work on my 2005 MK1V Jetta Tdi wagon

They'll fit fine. I'm running that size of tire on steelies right now - on my A5 Jetta. No rubbing. edit: they'll fit fine with stock brake rotors up front. I understand that if you backfit some larger rotors up front, the 15" wheels don't provide enough room for them.
  12. bulabula

rear brake caliper problem

Hmmm, I've had the same issue with my Jetta. Thanks for posting this.
  13. bulabula

Crownsville, MD mini-social GTG 1/14/2012

I've been roughing it here in Coronado this week; looking forward to seeing you guys!
  14. bulabula

Crownsville, MD mini-social GTG 1/14/2012

Bob, I'll be there.
  15. bulabula

Tires in Annapolis

I have a friend who wasn't interested in the tirerack/discount tires method - until she saw how much money she saved. If she works at Ft Meade, the guys at the base auto hobby shop can mount/balance them for a very decent price.