Recent content by BrunhildeBeetle

1. BrunhildeBeetle

Aquired a 2013 Beetle TDI - little issues

Very tasty snark, TurboABA! I get your point. The full story: I replaced the bulbs again because one of the low beam filaments burned out. Did not fix the problem; I didn't expect it to. I did clean and bulb grease the pins and sockets when I replaced the bulbs, also no effect. So, it looks...
  2. BrunhildeBeetle

OK, replaced both bulbs, no change. To sum up: flash high beams (pull on stalk) nothing; continuous high beams (push stalk) low beams off, no high beams. So, after researching here I think it is a switch issue (gummed up or corroded). Also, some here have had success spraying Deoxit and...
  3. BrunhildeBeetle

No. No fog lights. Now one of the low beams has burned out, so will try replace bulbs again...
  4. BrunhildeBeetle

So, the only problem that remains is #4: 4) Headlights shut off when pushing (continuous mode) high beams. No dash indicator. Pulling on lever (flash mode) works properly (i.e. high beam indicator and both filaments illuminate). Tried replacing bulbs, no change. Next is check fuses, but I...
  5. BrunhildeBeetle

Update - They said the part came in way back on 2/28. Turns out, they were mistaken. I got a call on Monday (7/12) that the part had finally come in. Took Brunhilde in Tuesday, and picked the car up Wednesday. So, part took nearly 5 months to come in. Whew!
  6. BrunhildeBeetle

Just like you said, I was informed yesterday that the DPF is on "national backorder." I will certainly discuss the EGR stuff with them when the DPF comes in...
  7. BrunhildeBeetle

Update - According to the VW dealership here it is the DPF (replace), they will honor warranty. Yay! They do not have the part (why do they never have the part?). Boo! If they get the part first thing tomorrow, I should be able to pick up Brunhilde "late afternoon." What is involved in...
  8. BrunhildeBeetle

Thanks Lightflyer1! The #1 problem was reported to me by the mechanic at the (Nissan) dealership after the CEL came on a few miles in on the trip back. It could be that it was the same codes, they just reset it and it took 500 miles for the problem with the dpf and egr valve to surface again...
  9. BrunhildeBeetle

Red, sunroof, drove it back to Texas from NC two weeks ago. Overall, a brilliant car! Here are the little issues: 1) CEL (loose gas cap) - Replaced the cap. Fixed. 2) CEL p2002, p0401 - Still under emissions warranty! :) Going into the dealer next Monday. 3) Low-speed brake squeal - Did (at...
  10. BrunhildeBeetle

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Hi! Steve here, TDI enthusiast... I have been getting great advice from these forums for years, so I want to say thank you first of all. Thanks to you I have been able to keep my 2006 Jetta TDI running well and do most of the work myself. “Joan Jetta” got T-boned late last year (hit and...