Recent content by brownnugen

1. B

Manual swap parts looking for a good home

Would you happen to still have the transmission?
  2. B

Chirping at idle and low Rpms.

Update: I purchased the Febi part and as you suggested, I removed the serpentine belt, but the chirping was still there which tells me it was never the tensioner. I called the dealer to let him know what I did not agree with the technician's diagnosis of the cause. They asked that I bring it...
  3. B

Dealer says it's fine to drive while waiting for DPF

Is that true? My DPF light has been on for a few months on my daughter's car. I brought the car to the dealer to verify there wasn't something else going on with the car. Dealer said that the DPFs are on nationwide backorder and that I could keep driving the car without damaging anything...
  4. B

Would mud guards from a MK6 Golf fit JSW?

Part number 5K0075111. I went to ECS Tuning and website says it won't fit. I though JSW were the same as MK6 Golfs; does anyone have any first had experience whether they are compatible? Thanks -Nick
  5. B

I ordered it last night; I will report back on quality once I get it in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. B

Never heard of SWAG brand, does anyone have feedback on whether it is good quality or better to spend the extra $30 for OEM? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. B

Does anyone know the part number for the tensioner? Is there anything else that needs to be purchased besides 2 new bolts?
  8. B

So nothing as involved as in this youtube video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms82PlKPAHc It is strange that the car has been chirp-free for the past 3 days...
  9. B

Heard back from the dealership. They said the chirping is coming from the serpentine belt tensioner and quoted me $221 (about $110 for parts and $111 for labor) to repair it. Said it wouldn't be covered by powertrain warranty because the serpentine belt isn't considered part of the "powertrain"
  10. B

Chirping noises came back. I noticed it would go away past 1200 rpms. I'll be dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow (hopefully to be covered under warranty).
  11. B

One of my local dealers said that it shouldn't be a problem getting it covered by the powertrain warranty. I have an appointment in a few weeks to bring it in. It is weird that the noise went away the past couple of days and now everything sounds normal. Could a bad timing belt and/or...
  12. B

Yes, that is what mine sounds like as well. Is there any way for that to be covered under warranty? I know timing belts are normally considered a wear and tear item but at under 40k miles, that is way below the change interval, which I believe is 120k miles. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. B

I have had this car since it was brand new. Any thoughts on what would cause this? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. B

Last night I noticed some chirping coming from under the hood at low rpms. When I got home, I left the car in neutral and it was still chirping. This morning, I drove into work and and noticed the noise went away when accelerating as well as when at higher rpms. I have video with sound but...
  15. B

96 b4v $4,000

Bump for a great guy!!