Recent content by BroncoAZ

1. B

Bad sign or why the CPO/Warranty is needed?

Warm water dissolves the crystals, but I also used a plastic scraper and vacuumed what I could. I haven’t seen much activity from this site, but currently I’m without VW TDI. I moved across country for a new job and sold both the 2015 Passat and 2015 Touareg. We purchased a 2021 Tacoma for...
  2. B

2015 Passat losing coolant, no visible leaks

Update. She arrived home safely and the car only used maybe a cup of coolant on the 260 mile trip. I found a significant leak on the passenger side rear of the engine (she was looking at the front between the radiator and engine), so probably the water pump. The bottom of the car on the...
  3. B

2015 Passat losing coolant, no visible leaks

2015 Passat losing coolant, no visible leaks, update, probably water pump My wife drove my car from Flagstaff to Tucson on Friday to visit family. She called me this morning and told me the low coolant warning came up on the screen this morning when she started it. The coolant reservoir was...
  4. B

Best To Downshift, or Ride Brakes Downhill?

Here is one of them I drive weekly: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwi77LaIjKzpAhVOgK0KHd3QBYEQwqsBMAB6BAgKEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dkb5b4bciP9g&usg=AOvVaw15lkHMkvZmBLjux7MqSDsy
  5. B

Real World MPG - 6 speed Manual

Another 90K miles and I can tune without losing warranty.
  6. B

Newbie, educate me on Regens

Mine likes to regen on short trips. I tried waiting it out at first, but now I don’t worry about it as I would have to wait for it numerous times per week. My weekly commute to Phoenix is 135 miles each way, plenty of time to regen there, but I’m amazed how often it will start a regen at the...
  7. B

2015 Passat SE TDI 6M overheated

That is about what I expected them to do. Working in the industry I’ve been in the office for those conversations numerous times.
  8. B

From the OP’s post, it sounds like it happened all the sudden. The warranty does say “Conflicts concerning the warranty are to be resolved in favor of the consumer.”
  9. B

Vibration from front end at highway speeds

Discount Tire does a free rotate and balance every 5K with any tire purchase, I’m not paying for it each time.
  10. B

Drive it overheating until the head cracks and make them replace the engine then. What about CPO in this case?
  11. B

Should I get one of these?

2015 cars have more time and mileage on the warranty. 2015 are 11/162K, 2012-2014 are 10 year 3 month/123K.
  12. B

Did you buy this car from a VW dealer with the CPO warranty? If so it should still be under the 2 year unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty until October 2020. Did the overheat and other issues cause a check engine light? If yes, why isn’t this covered under the dieselgate warranty...
  13. B

Vibration from front end at highway speeds

Mine is still rolling smooth on the new brakes, about 13K miles on them now. I have noticed that when I get the tires rotated and balanced every 5K miles, the tires end up out of balance and I have to take the back in a couple days, then they are fine for the next 5K. Last time two tires were...
  14. B

Back to a TDI

Why not just ask them to do the service?
  15. B

Back to a TDI

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that the 3.0L were the only models that were 10 years 3 months/123K miles, like my wife’s Touareg.