Recent content by Brogreal

1. B

2003 Jetta TDI GL - 251,XXX Mi - Cincinnati, OH SOLD

I have a very similar TDI wagon I’d like to sell in Montana. Very curious what you end up selling it for.
  2. B

HELP P0252 Code/ESP LIGHT

Did you get this problem resolved? I live in Billings and have the same issue at times. More so at higher elevations. I've learned how to use my throttle so it doesn't happen. I've got my hunches, but I would love to know the underlying cause.
  3. B

2004 GL Jetta TDI Wagon in KY

This is a great deal. Paramedik is a genius with a wrench. He actually let me take this very car for a spin when I was considering a tune. If I still lived in KY I would be considering trading up! I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer.
  4. B

FSBO: Monsoon stereo system

I am interested. Do you know if this is the same monsoon system that a 2003 Jetta wagon would have? I assume so. I think my amp is shot and is causing my entire stereo to not work. I'm not sure this is the cause though, so I can't afford to spend too much throwing parts at it. Hopefully we can...
  5. B

Another P0401 EGR question.

I know there are a TON of threads on here about this code, but after lots of reading I still don't feel much more knowledgable about what is happening with my car in particular. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction instead of spending more hours searching. Details for my 03...
  6. B

Just moved to Billings Montana. Any fellow members nearby?

Thanks. The Montana thread was pretty sparse like most of the state, so I went with TDI 101. Now my stereo stopped working! IDK what is happening to my car!
  7. B

Just moved to Billings Montana. Any fellow members nearby?

My wife and I just moved to Billings, MT form Kentucky. My 2003 Jetta wagon has been acting (just a bit) up since we got here. The main point of this thread is to find someone who is a fellow TDI DIY person who might be able to help me diagnose some issues I am having. Paramedik in Versailles...
  8. B

my '02 Golf auto-5spd swap (the Frans kit)

Frans. Thanks for responding to my post! The spring was no big deal, and not worth bringing up to you. Shouldn't have even mentioned it here really. I would love a new shift boot, but please don't worry about it if shipping costs are expensive. I was more than satisfied with your kit. I agree...
  9. B

My kit was not than complete. My only complaint would be that it came with a broken clutch pedal spring, so I had to buy a new one. Also the shift boot had smoker holes in it, but that's no big deal. Went with a new G60 flywheel and VR6 clutch. I'm loving my swap! Getting 7-9 more mpg now. I...
  10. B

Thanks for all the updates! Ordered my kit. Looking forward to the swap.
  11. B

I mentioned that you started this thread in my email to him this morning. This has to be good advertising for him, so maybe he will! I agree with PolaryJ about how prices may fluctuate due to demand/availability. However, I can say that I saw a public post (not a PM) by Frans to another...
  12. B

Great write up so far. This is my deciding factor. Ordering mine as soon as I hear back from Frans. Looks great! Good luck with the rest. I'll be doing mine in two weeks.
  13. B

WTB: MKIV Wagon Rear Springs (pic of busted spring)

I'm looking for a used set because mine busted on me last weekend. It makes a truly awful sound! Zip code is 40601. Need ASAP. I know these are rather sought after and this is a long shot, but if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!
  14. B

02 Jetta Wagon TDI Springs

Are these still available?
  15. B

Appalachian Diesel Works GTG Oct 20 AVL, NC

This is exciting! I've never been to a GTG, but have heard a lot about them from Paramedick. Looking forward to annoying the gurus with my naive questions, and seeing some beautiful country!