Recent content by bringsaber

1. B

WTS 1996 Passat TDI Sedan (1Z) - Long Island, NY

Can send some pictures, tires still alright but definitely not new or anything. It’s the 1Z 1.9L TDI engine
  2. B

Passenger front has the opening and window problems. Door not opening is a handle problem, and the window works, it just comes off the track. Have seen threads on here that its some clip that breaks in the door. -Only rip in seats is the one shown in first set of photos. Driver seat is a little...
  3. B

heres some more photos of notable exterior issues
  4. B

Here is a link of some photos
  5. B

Moved and really looking to get rid of my 1996 Passat TDI Sedan Has ~177k miles, runs and drives great. In the last 2k miles it has had -Timing belt/water pump done -New brake lines and brakes -Injection pump resealed -Front left ball joint replaced -AC/Heat blend door fix Cons: -Headliner...
  6. B

WTS 1996 Passat TDI (1Z) - Long Island, NY

Tires aren't bald/dry rotted or anything but not brand new either. As for maintenance, had a guru from the list (People II auto) up in Highland, NY when I lived there look over the whole car as well as do the major maintenance listed above(Timing belt, Injection Pump, ball joint). Besides the...
  7. B

Yes, black sedan. The link at the top of the post has photos
  8. B

Pics of car Just kind of putting out feelers for my TDI, started a new job recently so I don't have time to work on it or drive it as much as I should. Has ~177k miles, runs and drives great. In the last 2k miles it has had -Timing belt/water pump done -New brake lines and brakes -Injection...
  9. B

2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread

Only recently acquired a TDI, would 100% attend if this becomes a reality next year
  10. B

Help with manual swap - Dutchess County NY

Ah man, then try giving Peoples II a call later today. I was going to do the same in a few since my Passat is actually there right now.
  11. B

Lol fair, I had the same issues but apparently they don't really get there till like 1pm or later and then work till late. Looks like you already are in process of getting it done though. Hope its working out!
  12. B

There is also People II in Highland which is relatively close to you. The trusted mechanic list has them as possibly closed but he is just there later in the day from what I have experienced. Might be worth calling, he has a load of older Volkswagens at his shop and might be able to help parts...